Triton replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

horndog

Aug 3, 2011
Californai
Have been using the Triton battery with cartomizers instead of tank for a long time and want to continue doing so. I have heard that Halo is discontinuing the Triton and have noticed smaller and smaller color availability on the site available for purchase.
Can you recommend an alternative that will support 808 cartomizers without being a large battery. I tried the Tracer, but it was battery and mouthpiece were just to big.

Reactions: stols001

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I'm bummed about Triton going away. My mother has dementia and it took quite a while to teach her how to use the Triton and it works well for her.
I suppose I need to stock up a bit, before they go away.

Sorry about your Mom... mine had dementia, too, and I had a hard time teaching her to use the TV remote.
But any 808 battery system would work the same as the Triton... I know because I have a few and they are interchangeable. Some vendors have proprietary threads, but there is always a way around that, too... LOL
Check out the other Co. I mentioned above, they are also an ECF supplier... and if you have any other questions, shoot me a PM :cool:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm bummed about Triton going away. My mother has dementia and it took quite a while to teach her how to use the Triton and it works well for her.
I suppose I need to stock up a bit, before they go away.
Hi. Wow, it's coming up to 4 years of vaping for your mom!!! Congrats to her.
And to you, Doc.
These Triton batteries do have a great shelf life, one of the big benefits of lithium cells. I'd buy several, throw a charge on them every 6 or 9 months, and store them away from heat and NOT in a fridge!
I would go for the higher capacity bats, 900 or 1300mAh. Since their time between charges is greater, then so would the lifespan.
Stock up, and nice time for a sale!!!

:)

doctordun

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
TX
Just placed an order. Believe it not, with daily use, I have only just had my first tank failure. For what ever reason, no matter what coil I put into it, it would not work. After wasting 4 coils, I opened up a brand new tank and all was well. I could not see anything wrong with the tank that failed, but somehow a contact was not being made. It was not cost effective to waste any more coils and I certainly got my money's worth from it.
I've been real happy with the Triton and Mom would not know what to do without it.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Just placed an order. Believe it not, with daily use, I have only just had my first tank failure. For what ever reason, no matter what coil I put into it, it would not work. After wasting 4 coils, I opened up a brand new tank and all was well. I could not see anything wrong with the tank that failed, but somehow a contact was not being made. It was not cost effective to waste any more coils and I certainly got my money's worth from it.
I've been real happy with the Triton and Mom would not know what to do without it.

A coil is never wasted... :)
Soak them in some PGA (pure grain alcohol) or high proof vodka. Rinse in hot water and let air dry. Should be good as new!! You can even revive 1/2 deal coils that way, too...
(as I recall, they are the ones with the long wicks, so you might want to blot them gently with a paper towel after rinsing)

Purr-sonally, I'd rather drink my vodka :party: so I use 91% Isopropyl alcohol (NOT rubbing!!) and it works just fine!!

...and HUGE CONGRATS to your Mom!!! :wub:

• Agree

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Believe it not, with daily use, I have only just had my first tank failure. For what ever reason, no matter what coil I put into it, it would not work.
The tank needs 2 connections to the bat, of course. The threads and most of it is the negative. Then the tank has a thin wire in the center tube for the positive, from the top center to the bottom center. Either the wire isn't making contact anymore with the center button, or it broke, probably the contact. In time, things get a bit of corrosion.
But the coils should be fine in a new tank.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread