Triton tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davad70

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 14, 2013
Indiana
www.juicemafia.com
Have a kit on the way, should be here in a few days; out of curiosity, what material are the tanks made of? I've heard certain e-liquids can't be used with certain materials, and would like to know if it's something I'll need to watch out for.

Thanks! Can't wait to get this!

I'm not aware of any halo juices that have issues with plastic tanks, but certain juices from other places that have lots of cinnamon or citrus content do cause issues with most plastic tanks/clearomizers.

Darkstrike

Jan 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
Anyone else having problems with the wicks in the tank getting burned? It seems to only happen in the one I have midnight apple in. The part of the wick that's inside the coil head is completely black. Using with a triton battery.

Using midnight apple in the triton now but it's only been like 6 hours. Nothing burnt yet but will keep my eyes open over the next day.

Davad70

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 14, 2013
Indiana
www.juicemafia.com
The Spinfuel review mentions there are replaceable heads for Tritons but I don't see anything on the Halo site that indicates this. Anyone know about this?

Halo doesn't have them in stock yet, but there are several places that sell them. Just look for Kanger T2 replacement coil/heads. I bought some at vapermate and they work great.

J Guns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Fresno, CA USA
Anyone else having problems with the wicks in the tank getting burned? It seems to only happen in the one I have midnight apple in. The part of the wick that's inside the coil head is completely black. Using with a triton battery.
Haven't looked at the wicks themselves, but both my tanks from the kit give a burnt taste now after about a week of use. Using 650/1300mah Triton batteries, one tank filled with a blend of Tribeca/ prime 15, the other with a blend of sub zero/Kringle's curse. The mini G6 tanks haven't given me any trouble taste wise, both on G6 batteries and the Triton batteries. Any reason why they'd taste burnt so quickly?

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Mojave Desert, CA
cmfractals.com
Haven't looked at the wicks themselves, but both my tanks from the kit give a burnt taste now after about a week of use. Using 650/1300mah Triton batteries, one tank filled with a blend of Tribeca/ prime 15, the other with a blend of sub zero/Kringle's curse. The mini G6 tanks haven't given me any trouble taste wise, both on G6 batteries and the Triton batteries. Any reason why they'd taste burnt so quickly?

I haven't had the burning wick problem, but for me the Triton tank wasn't a satisfying experience. The one I got has a very airy draw and doesn't produce much vapor. I checked to make sure the post was tightened and it was, I love the Triton battery, but the tank, not so much. However, I am totally impressed with the G6 mini-tank, which is still working perfectly after 8 days of continual use. That in combination with the Triton battery is truly wonderful and completely satisfying.

Last edited:

Davad70

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 14, 2013
Indiana
www.juicemafia.com
I haven't had the burning wick problem, but for me the Triton tank wasn't a satisfying experience. The one I got has a very airy draw and doesn't produce much vapor. I checked to make sure the post was tightened and it was, I love the Triton battery, but the tank, not so much. However, I am totally impressed with the G6 mini-tank, which is still working perfectly after 8 days of continual use. That in combination with the Triton battery is truly wonderful and completely satisfying.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with the tanks. Burning wicks, burnt taste, inconsistent taste in general. I'm pretty bummed because I put away all my other gear and was hoping Halo could be my one stop shop for everything going forward. Can't deal with these tanks and the mini tanks are just too small for me.

boxcarmike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Henderson,NV

I'm far from an expert on these, but I bought two 'test' 808 clearomizers from two different vendors and burnt both in 3 days! My research shows that on these top coils you can't let the juice get too low (like below 1/4-1/3 full) so far I've used my tank at home, topping off frequently and no problem.

Concerning the airy comments, others have used wax or the end of a toothpick to plug up one of the air holes in the tank collar, just hold your finger over one to give it a try.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
I'm actually loving my triton tank. It's got great flavor and nice warm vapor. I have a love hate thing with tanks. I love the easy but hate the dry burnt hit issues. So far I've been using this over my 801 fusion tanks (die hard 801 lover) and I'd say its equal to flavor and vapor.
Maybe I got lucky. My wife was getting a dry hit about every third hit. Now hers just tastes burnt. She uses vg heavy juice though - idk if that's the issue.
I have 2 more to try ill let you know how they work out. So far I guess I'm batting 500.

J Guns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Fresno, CA USA
My research shows that on these top coils you can't let the juice get too low (like below 1/4-1/3 full) so far I've used my tank at home, topping off frequently and no problem.
Then my experience makes no sense; neither of these tanks has seen less than half full. I waited about 30 minutes after the initial fill too; habit from the cartomizers.

J Guns

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Fresno, CA USA
took the wicks out to give them a look. One side is definitely burnt-looking in each wick. Pulled the wicks til the (very small) burnt section was no longer touching the metal (about .5-.75mm); this seems to have alleviated to majority of the burnt taste. Will keep you posted.

On another note, What is the wick material, anyway?

killerb77

Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
FL
Of the 5 tanks I have, one is now giving me a burnt taste. Initial fill went to about half empty then it started tasting burnt. I took off the coil head and inspected the wicks and nothing looks burnt. I cleaned (just used a piece of paper towel to absorb the juice) the wicks off and put it back together and filled it back up all the way. Still has the burnt taste to it. I am using subzero in this tank.

Edit: A second tank started the burning taste. I tried J Guns suggestion by pulling the wick a tad. Still no luck. I never let this one get below 2ml of liquid.

I think it's the wick material breaking down too quickly. I barely pulled the wick to move it ever so slightly and I was able to see the wick is very frayed and black. I think they are getting burned up.

Two out of five now bad.

I'd replace the coil head but they are not available yet.

Is there any warranty on the tanks? Maybe Halo will replace it for me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread