Trouble with first mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Industrial Coder

Oct 29, 2016
Hey all,

I recently got my first sub ohm mod after using an ego setup for a while (Vision spinner battery with adjustable voltage and KangerTech Genitank mini). I was a big fan of the Halo juices in my ego, but I wanted something that would produce thicker / more smoke. I just picked up a Smok R150 TC with the Smok Minos 25mm Sub Tank). I'm using the included Minos Q2 .3 ohm pre-built coil. I know the Halo Tribeca juice that I loved so much at 18mg was going to be a bit too much in the new setup, so I picked up a bottle of 6mg instead. Even 6 is a bit intense, but still enjoyable vaping mouth to lung at around 35 watts.

So here's the problem: Even with the juice flow control completely closed, if I fill my tank with Tribeca and let it sit, the juice will seep straight through the wick and slowly drip out of the air ports (makes an aweful mess as I'm sure you all know).

So my question is: Has anyone had this problem using Halo juices in a sub ohm setup? From what I've read, these juices really aren't for sub ohm and have a very high PG content, but does that explain them seeping straight through the coil? Is the juice to blame, or does it sound like the tank / coil I got could be bad?

Secondly, if it's the juice, is there anything comparable that would work for sub ohm? Would it be possible to mix the Halo juices to play more nicely with my mod?(Maybe get a high nic juice and "water it down" with some straight VG?)

Reactions: BrotherBob

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
So my question is: Has anyone had this problem using Halo juices in a sub ohm setup? From what I've read, these juices really aren't for sub ohm and have a very high PG content, but does that explain them seeping straight through the coil? Is the juice to blame, or does it sound like the tank / coil I got could be bad?

Yes. Possibly...
... you can dilute the liquid with extra VG. It'll still taste OK as Halo's liquids were designed for the dinosaur generation. Funny how 'old' products can still be 'premium' priced too.
(I'll leave it there....)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Secondly, if it's the juice, is there anything comparable that would work for sub ohm? Would it be possible to mix the Halo juices to play more nicely with my mod?(Maybe get a high nic juice and "water it down" with some straight VG?)
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum

Industrial Coder

Oct 29, 2016
Update: Today I picked up some different juice (a high VG mix) and gave it a go with a fresh coil (didn't want the Halo flavor mixing with the new stuff). The new juice seems to work perfect, so I'm guessing that was the issue (although it's possible it was the coil). I'm going to soak the other coil in some alcohol to get the Halo flavor out and try it with the new juice to see if it really was the juice or just a bad coil (unless this is a bad idea. seems to work fine for cleaning the coils in my kangertech)

Reactions: Ed_C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread