Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've bought several 1300 mah spinners. Two had lights that didn't light during charging? Anyone else have trouble with this or is there a fix?

Also, had one where the fire button got stuck inside the body. Wrecked it trying to get it out?:facepalm:

TIA

Unless they're DOA the two not lighting up on charging is probably a problem with connection of the center posts. Make sure they're clean on both the charger and the battery - if you just got them that shouldn't be a problem unless you're using an older charger. You can pry up the center post on the batt but a better fix is this:

Circuit Board Spacer

... since if the center post is down, pulling it up isn't permanent because screwing it into the charger or a clearo will likely push it down again. The spacers come with four tabs that need to be broken off leaving just the round spacer. Put it into the well and push down with like an eraser from the end of the pencil. It will stay put. And when the batt dies, grab it :)

On the stuck button - this usually happens when you drop a batt and because the button is on a board, the board shifts from the drop out of place. Sometimes you can get it back into place by hitting the batt on something hard in the opposite direction. Doesn't always work but when it does
woohoo.gif

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
As in not light up at all? Then Kent's suggestion may be the answer.

But if the battery light goes out with the charger light still on, it's just not really low on charge. Mine will go "dark" after a certain charge level is reached, while the charger light is still red. Just leave them on until the charger is green, if that's the case.

DeliciousClouds

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Nijmegen, Netherlands
Are you sure they are genuine Spinners? Clones often deviate from the originals as far as charging is concerned. For example, my eGo clones sometimes light up during charging, and sometimes they don't. In both cases they charge perfectly fine. My genuine Spinner II's always light up when they charge except for a bug: The light goes off and the charger light switches to green, even though they're only 50% charged. Replugging the charger fixes this, but it's annoying for sure. I've been told they are pretty picky about what chargers they take without errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread