Troublesome RBAs - Requesting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
i've built 3 RBAs so far. One came with coil installed. Wicked it & it's working well.
2 others needed to be built & haven't been working well at all.

1 is an iJoy EXO-S.
1st attempt, it leaked a lot. Re-wicked it w/ the cotton longer, hitting the bottom; it still leaked a lot. Rebuilt it w/ the wick shorter, just into the holes, & it was like a burst dam. Re-wicked that thicker & longer, just touching the bottom, & it was ok for a bit then leaked. Upped the Watts & it was okay for a bit then leaked.
I used pre-wrapped VandyVape coils that came out to about 0.9 & 1.2 Ohms.
It was installed in a Cerberus tank.
Used different e-liquids w/ different pg/vg ratios: 70/30, 50/50, 30/70.
Power at various Watts from from 15 to 30.

i can't find any build videos or other useful info for it online or on ECF.
There is this about using it w/ an NRG tank:
Better Juice Flow for the Ijoy Exo-S/XS1 RBA in Vaporesso NRG Tanks | E-Cigarette Forum
Is there a similar issue w/ the Cerberus? Someone on reedit said it should work in a Cerberus w/o modification.
It's not the tank because a drop-in coil works fine.

The other is a Wismec R80 RBA installed in the R80 pod.
1st attempt, the Ohms were jumping all over. Tightened the screws more & the Ohms jumped only a little but, after a few puffs, the mod gave an atomizer short message. Triple-checked & nothing was touching what it shouldn't touch. i have a little Ohm reader & it didn't indicate a short; only the R80 did when i tried to fire it.

Tried building it again & it was even more confusing:
At first it worked ok. Showed .6 Ohms & fired well at 18W. The 2nd day, though, w/ a freshly charged battery, the mod said low battery after only a few puffs. Tried 2 other charged batteries, 1 the same type (Samsung 25R), 1 a different brand w/ different specs (Molicel P26A); the mod said low battery immediately w/ both.
A drop-in coil worked fine.
i'd built both coils from the wire included w/ the RBA.
There's one build video for it on Youtube that isn't helpful & nothing i could find here on ECF.

i've built a couple RTAs successfully so aren't totally clueless but am at a loss w/ these RBAs and will appreciate any advice or pointers anyone can offer.

Thank you.

Don't know if they'll be helpful but pics are attached. The one w/ an orange 0-ring is the Wismec.

wismechlp1.jpg
wismechlp2.jpg

ijoyhlp1.jpg
ijoyhlp2.jpg

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Dang, you've been waiting a while!

Don't use any of the items you're having issues with, but a couple thoughts - that you've probably already followed ;)

Bad o-ring, somewhere, or the surfaces it mates with?

And many mods will display "atomizer short" (or similar) if the attached coil is below the devices minimum value, even with freshly charged cells. Building a tad higher might be all that's needed... :nun:

Reactions: FranC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread