Started vaping 1-1/2 months ago and have already made so many different coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koudotai

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Canyon Country
I got the LED from a local electronics parts shop. Radio Shack may have them. Make sure it's at least 2000mcd and 4 volts cap capable. You'll also need to use a Dremel to shorten it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Awesome thanks ;) would definitely stand out with the clear cap on my igo. You should try the igo w-2. Don't have one myself but have read it's tricky to build on.

Sent via Telepathic Brain Waves

Koudotai

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Canyon Country
I just ordered the IGO-W6. That's very tricky to build on. I'm going to stick my 7/6 wrap triple twisted 32g wires on it. Should come out to 0.25 Ohms when done.

Yeah I've seen that one. If you have Instagram you should follow deedupdex
He's got a lot of interesting builds to try. I'm running his "Tween" build in my igo now at .13
e8evutuj.jpg

Last edited:

MeeZoiD

Apr 13, 2014
AUS
I'm not having much luck with flavour using the kick, although i can get good clouds... Only reason i've been using it is cos i thought it would keep me safer than all the scary .... people post about blowing up your face... I think i have a pritty good grip on what i can & cant do using the VTC4 30A, but i'm not as knowlegable as i would like atm... I'm tempted to ditch the kick and go straight mech.

MeeZoiD

Apr 13, 2014
AUS
Most the time flavor is related to wicking and coil not power.

I think my problem is that i'm trying learn from people vaping at 30watt & when i put it on my 15w its just crap... I removed the kick & now running a straight mech. mod, flavours better now. I'd still like to know how to build a flavour coil for 10 - 15w.

I've got a few days to get this right before all my expensive juices arrive (five pawns, suicide bunny & the standard)

I'm surprised there isnt a coil builders chart with type of coil, ohm, flavour, cloud @ Watt... Unless i've missed it somewere.

I was definitely using to much cotton in the beginning but i feel i have a good grip on it now.

Koudotai

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Canyon Country
I got the LED from a local electronics parts shop. Radio Shack may have them. Make sure it's at least 2000mcd and 4 volts cap capable. You'll also need to use a Dremel to shorten it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to follow up on my progress with this:

ejaqusud.jpg

The LED is a color changing one (wish I could post video >_< ) thanks for the info on this :D

vampyrex13

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
United States
Finally for my IGO-W6. Though not pictured, I have also attached an LED to this build.

10268439_10154055008270302_1288649339767073819_n.jpg

My new quad coil IGO-W6. It took several attempts to find a coil setup that didn't take forever to heat up and that didn't produce so much throat kick that I couldn't vape it. This one is perfect. Quad coils with 6/5 wraps of 30 gauge kanthal wire around a 3/32" drill bit at 0.49 Ohms. A slightly warm, heavy vape with good flavor.

10171859_10154055008410302_2207096402111420297_n.jpg

All four coils glowing evenly.

1558549_10154055060350302_2641406026992705405_n.jpg

My Maraxus mod with my new IGO-W6 RDA on top. The two look perfect together.

Last edited:

vampyrex13

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
United States
Awesome thanks ;) would definitely stand out with the clear cap on my igo. You should try the igo w-2. Don't have one myself but have read it's tricky to build on.

The IGO-W6 is even trickier to build on. Didn't like how the W2 was setup very much. I would probably throw nano coils in that setup.

vampyrex13

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2014
United States
I think my problem is that i'm trying learn from people vaping at 30watt & when i put it on my 15w its just crap... I removed the kick & now running a straight mech. mod, flavours better now. I'd still like to know how to build a flavour coil for 10 - 15w.

I've got a few days to get this right before all my expensive juices arrive (five pawns, suicide bunny & the standard)

I'm surprised there isnt a coil builders chart with type of coil, ohm, flavour, cloud @ Watt... Unless i've missed it somewere.

I was definitely using to much cotton in the beginning but i feel i have a good grip on it now.

I started at subohm, then tried limiting myself to 15 Watts and trying higher ohm coils, but I just didn't like the lack of warmth and flavor, so I switched back to subohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread