true ego threaded tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyerhere

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
Warren Mi
I have a small ego style battery that the 510 thread stripped out so I moved on to bigger and better things. Recently decided I would like to resurect it due to compact size. I am looking fo a tank that actualy uses the large ego thread not the 510. I ordered a smok vivi mini nova with ego threading. got it last night and disapointed to say that it just has a skirt that covers the thread. looks great on my winder but not what I wanted. So does any body know of a tank that actually uses the ego thread?
:confused:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The new fangled Aspire bottom coil clearos come in your choice of either an eGo base of a 510 connector.

ETA: Yay! Vapemail! :)

Rip rip rip - got it! Definitely eGo threaded. Same setup as a Kanger K3s - uses the eGo threads to grab onto your thingee of choice.

Bonus feature: The knurled eGo base is actually a functional size. In other words, it will actually fit into the recessed eGo connector well of a Vamo or Tesla. Which, unfortunately, the Kanger stuff does not. I heard this was the case, but I just tried it on both those devices - it fits - no adapter required.

Last edited:

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
Kanger EVOD, iClear 16 & 30, and Kanger Mini Protank 2 all use the outer threads on my eGo-C Twists. My Protank original uses the inner 510 threads, though. I believe the Kanger T3 uses the outer eGo threads but I'm not sure.
My iclears (16 and 30) are 510 threaded (the 16s have the skirt that covers the ego thread, but no threads).
Only ego threaded clearos I have are mini protank 2, evods and kangertech T2.

I've seen some novas on FT that are ego threaded 'V4' and ' V4+' (dual coil). sku 1354600 and sku1356905.
Not suggesting you buy from there, just saying someone obviously makes them and to look out for them if you want a nova shape.

Also the stardust shaped aspire BDC (not nova shaped) are ego threading

Last edited:

SoaFung

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2013
Amarillo, TX, USA
I believe the Kanger T3 uses the outer eGo threads but I'm not sure.

I have a MT3 and it is ego threaded. The T3 and MT3 are identical in form and function. The MT3 has a cosmetic sleeve around the clearo tank. The T3s and MT3s are slight upgrades that use a separate base and the evod/protank coils. The T3 and MT3 have the coil "built" into the base. Both (or all 4, depending how you look at it) are in the vein of what you are looking for. They are plastic tanks, so watch your juice.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
You asked:
...I am looking fo a tank that actualy uses the large ego thread not the 510. ...So does any body know of a tank that actually uses the ego thread?
:confused:

And I replied:
Joyetech eGo-CC
It is true eGo-ness!

I then read this from pablo:
My iclears (16 and 30) are 510 threaded (the 16s have the skirt that covers the ego thread, but no threads)....

And that caught my attention. Well ya'll just color me stoopid!!
I looked at my I16's and my eGo-CC's and I cannot believe I hadn't noticed this!!
I really love my eGo-CC, great bit of gear but darned if it isn't the same as the iTaste 16 as described above.
The eGo-CC uses the 510 threads NOT the eGo threading.

I'm old, forgive me (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread