Status
Not open for further replies.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I have used Egos- various brands over the last year and have had some Threading problems.

I Found I do not have this issue with Joytek egos but with my Vision Spinners I have and also
the Kumiho Brand.
Has anybody else had these issues?? I'm just wondering if it's the tanks I'm using or
the ego,
The tanks I have been using are the Kanger Pro Tank II. Now I just bought the New Version
Airflow Controller and things seem to be working better. I also had to track down a part
to be able to conect my battery to my tanks as my ego threads were completely stripped.
I used the Vivi nova tank befor and did not have any of these issues but I can't use top coil tanks, they burn my upper lip and give me a blister.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
eGo has traditionally used pot metal parts for threaded unions instead of machined parts. The threads tend to wear out quickly, but it's a use and toss product with engineered obsolescence. Keep the threads wet with some juice and screw them in and out carefully. Don't overtighten.

Tanks with stainless steel threads will eat up pot metal (poured into a mold) threads. Some of the eGo threads are soft and will deform if overtightened multiple times.

Buy a stainless steel Sigelei Zmax or an Eleaf iStick. Anything stainless steel will outlast multiple cheap thread mods. The SS threads on my Provari are like new after 4 years of use.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I re-read your post and saw that you mentioned the air flow controller. Some threads on certain mods are notorious for low air flow, especially if the tank bottoms out on the body of the mod. Air flow is either tiny holes on the side of the threads on your tank and/or slots cut in the bottom of the tank that allow inlet air flow to the 510 socket. Others may have air holes around the bottom side of the tank body itself. If the add on air flow controller fixes the problem, it's tight threads or blocked bottom grooves that's the problem.

On Kanger Protanks the air flow controller is a must for proper air flow. Others have built-in air ring adjusters like the Aspire Nautilus. Air flow adjustment rings are becoming more popular these days. It's a must for cooling the vape and restoring air flow.

diabolique

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, Oregon USA
I re-read your post and saw that you mentioned the air flow controller. Some threads on certain mods are notorious for low air flow, especially if the tank bottoms out on the body of the mod. Air flow is either tiny holes on the side of the threads on your tank and/or slots cut in the bottom of the tank that allow inlet air flow to the 510 socket. Others may have air holes around the bottom side of the tank body itself. If the add on air flow controller fixes the problem, it's tight threads or blocked bottom grooves that's the problem.

On Kanger Protanks the air flow controller is a must for proper air flow. Others have built-in air ring adjusters like the Aspire Nautilus. Air flow adjustment rings are becoming more popular these days. It's a must for cooling the vape and restoring air flow.

Well it seems that adding the new air flow controller has helped, but I have also added the new treading adapter I bought to correct the problem just to prevent me from having any further issues.
URL] pc2168505-leo_ego_e_cig_adapters_for_leo_thread_battery_e_cigarette_adapter.jpg

I found my adapter at this link:http://http://www.myvaporstore.com/eGo-to-eGo-Adapter-p/ego-ego.htm

I will however check out the Aspire Nautilus though because I have 2 new mods sitting and waiting for us to start using as soon as these egos die. My husband seems to be very content with his vivi nova top coil, any suggestions on replacing that? I bought him the Itaste SVD 2.0 and I bought myself the Itaste 134 mini which is still the unregulated version but I got such a good deal on it I couldn't pass it up (35.00).

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well it seems that adding the new air flow controller has helped, but I have also added the new treading adapter I bought to correct the problem just to prevent me from having any further issues.
    URL] View attachment 411136

I found my adapter at this link:http://http://www.myvaporstore.com/eGo-to-eGo-Adapter-p/ego-ego.htm

I will however check out the Aspire Nautilus though because I have 2 new mods sitting and waiting for us to start using as soon as these egos die. My husband seems to be very content with his vivi nova top coil, any suggestions on replacing that? I bought him the Itaste SVD 2.0 and I bought myself the Itaste 134 mini which is still the unregulated version but I got such a good deal on it I couldn't pass it up (35.00).

I've heard of several people still using the Nova. I think they may have an upgrade option for the coils now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread