Trustfire battery specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerronech

Dec 17, 2013
Orange,CT
Hey, I was considering making a sub-ohm single coil for my igo l, but when i went to use the ohms law calculator, I noticed that i was missing some information. I know they put out around 3.7 volts, and are 2000mah. However I still need to know the current and power. Does anybody have this information about these batteries? I want to make sure that i am within the battery's capability before using them on a sub ohm build. Information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Rule of thumb - avoid batteries with "fire" in the name (trustfire, ultrafire, surefire) these are second rate in realm of quality and safety.

Your also just tempting fate and karma with a "fire" brand battery IMO

I think someone in china had either a sense of humor or were prophetic when they named these batteries

Play it extra safe and get an efest or sony 30 amp battery - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...p vtc4 18650 battery&sprefix=sony+30a,aps,245

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I use either the Panasonic CGR18650CH (10 amp CDR) or the AW IMR 18650 with the 2000 mah capacity (10 amp CDR) down to around 0.7 ohms. (4.2v/0.7=6 amps, I like a little breathing room)

Under that I use the Sony VTC4's (20 amp CDR) and I haven't been under 0.4 ohms, yet, but they should be safe (theoretically) down to about 0.22 ohms

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't think I've seen any ****fire batteries that are IMR (or hybrid chemistry) and high drain. You really need to have such if you're going to subohm (and even if you don't). I have Panasonic NCR18650PFs (hybrid, 10A), Sony US18650VTC4s (hybrid, 30A), Efest 18350s (IMR, 6A), and Samsung ICR18650-26Fs (hybrid, 5.2A. Technically not high drain, but enough for the 2.6 amps or so that I draw on my regular clearos on my vw mod). I also have some no name 18350s that I got with an e-pipe and I don't use those. Impossible to know the specs, but unlikely to be IMRs and probably have a very low C-rating. That's the problem with *****fire batteries as well, it's almost impossible to get reliable information on the chemical composition and C-rating of them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread