trustfire charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okwithit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
michigan
bought a trustfire charger model tr-001 a while ago. ( not sure of the date ) yesterday when i put some batteries on it too charge it was putting off a buzzing noise. hmmm,. is it time to order a new one or is this normal operation when they get older? i don't want it to go kaboom, if you know what i mean.

i will add, i put the batteries on another charger i have and they charge nicely. it is just a single battery charger where the trustfire is a double charger.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
It's fairly common with those chargers. I've had two of them that made that noise right from new, but they still functioned fine and the noise diminishes as the batteries' charge level comes up. IIRC it has something to do with a transistor that's mounted loosely, allowing it to vibrate

I've since moved on to other chargers and keep one of the TR-001s just as a backup. I now use one of these and it's awesome, the next best thing to a Pila at less than half the price, just buy a couple extra spacers if you plan on charging multiple short batteries at once (18350, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread