Trying my hand at mech mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
So, I'm looking into subΩ vaping, and I've been looking at some mechanical clones, really dig the nemesis, but I'm not sure if it takes an 18650 battery. Anyone lend a hand with some mech mods that use an 18650 battery? And it's my understanding that the sony VTC4? battery is best for subΩ. Can you use the same sony battery if you aren't subing?

Thanks guys!

vape Happy

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
Nemesis does fit 18650 batteries so you are good there. It also fits 18350, 18490, 18500, all kick compatible as well. Fits button tops and flat top batteries. The VTC4 is a really good battery to use with any type of sub-ohm build, I have 2 that I rotate in my Nemesis. You can definitely use the same battery in any build, even if you aren't sub-ohming.

Here's a picture of mine in 18650 mode with the VTC4 loaded inside:

YRsJdkI.jpg

and here is a picture for size comparison between mods:

cwjm58k.jpg

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
The nemesis should come with three tubes for the three diff battery sizes, this includes 18650. A lot of mechs come this way, separate tubes, but there is the option of telescopic, which is just one long tube that screws up and down to match the batt size. The vtc4's are great for sub ohm builds, but dont forget that even these high amp rated batteries arent fool proof if you dont have a solid build. Just make sure to keep researching, and work your way down slowly in regards to ohms.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
18650 works in a Nemesis. A "kick" also works with them and is highly recommended for beginners. It will provide a consistent vape and prevent over-discharge of your batteries (very important to avoid an explosion). The Sony works fine for sub-ohm and milder vaping. Keep reading on here about Ohm's Law, battery safety, and coil building. Have fun!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
On an R91, 1.2 is perfect. You don't wanna go sub on a Kayfunian.

A kick is what happens when a mule gets ....... It is also a small electronic module that converts your mechanical mod into a Variable Wattage non-mech.

(Thank you for your service to our country, Jordner. Hooah.)

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Thanks for your help everyone!

What is a "Kick"?

I build my coils now on a R91 at 1.2Ω, I guess I don't want to go under .65Ω. and does anyone have any good websites for nemesis clones? (other then fasttech)

Thanks!

A kick essentially turns a mech mod in a regulated mod allowing you to adjust voltage/wattage (depending on model), the $9 chinese clones generally wont fire anything below 1.5ohm, while the brand name $45 Evolv Kick 2 will fire down to .5ohm's (i believe).

101vape has the two tone nemmys (see Phatrons pic) in-stock right now @$29.99 w/$1.99 shipping, i would assume they'll be getting more regular stainless (same price) ones and more copper ones ($49.99), if youre interested in one of those, sign up for the notifications as they go pretty quick when they come in.

Hcigar - 101 Vape

Last edited:

Jordner

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
On an R91, 1.2 is perfect. You don't wanna go sub on a Kayfunian.

A kick is what happens when a mule gets ....... It is also a small electronic module that converts your mechanical mod into a Variable Wattage non-mech.

(Thank you for your service to our country, Jordner. Hooah.)
Thank you turtle :) made my day.

Trying to go ahead and get verified, but i dont use paypal, or ebay haha gunna try and do the NetIDme method and see how that works. I'd gladly send a copy of my DD-214 showing all of my info, and honorable discharge from the army to who ever is in charge.

Oh so I found a new B+M store close to me, they had the nemesis clone, and what was there, sitting next to it? a mod I had never seen before. Called the "King" apparently it's a Chi You clone. I picked it up, played around with it, and I fell in love. The lock ring is superb, the threads are like butter, contacts are silver plated, feels like a beast in my hand. And it had a lion head on it, I love lions, have a tattoo of a lion, and a king, well hell what kind of man doesn't want to be king? Bought that bad dad, but the shop as out of VTC4 AND RDA! so for the mail I wait. Super stoked to give her a go! Picture will follow!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread