trying to figure out compatibility with istick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an eLeaf iStick 30 watt and i use a aspire nautilus on it.
I just bought an eLeaf iStick power nano 40 watt and it came with a MELO 3 tank,
but i really hate it, it gets really hot and i have to draw on it too long before i get anything and also the mouth peice is too short. I tried my nautilus on it and it works really good, are those meant to be interchangeable ? are the aspire/melo both compatible for all of them on the isticks >??

(I know the coils will not interchange with the two tops they are really different, but the tops will both screw on to each battery.)

also any others i can put on the iStick power nano ?

thanks!!!!

the photo is of the nano i just got and the melo on it.

Attachments

• iStick-Power-Nano-Kit1_01.jpg
    iStick-Power-Nano-Kit1_01.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 17
the coil it came with was the .75 and it also has a spare .3 with it.

the new nano 40 watt one works amazing if i use the nautilus that i had with my istick 30watt on it at about 10 watts with the coil that came with my nautilus. but i cant deal with the melo, its airy and too short mouth peice. i dont know why it gets so hot either. the aspire one never does.

Reactions: stols001

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Vaping at a lower watt then the coil is intended could cause it to heat up because your holding the fire button down longer than usual trying to get vapor. If you like the nautilus there's no reason not to use the new mod with it. If you want, try the new tank at 15 or 20 watts and close the air half way (it's hidden if you didn't see).

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The Melo III is not a bad tank. But it's not a great one. It will take the Aspire Atlantis coils, which really improve the tank by opening up more options. It does the mouth-to-lung style of vaping that you're used to, and the direct lung style that typically takes higher wattages and more airflow. The thing is... the tank can do both ok, but excels at neither.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No reason not to use your preferred tank instead of the Melo III, driptips are also interchangeable if you want something that will fit but can taper to a point. Plenty of driptips available on fasttech and whatnot, you just need to know the dimensions.... Good luck, some tanks do seem to heat up faster than others. A different coil may make a difference, but no reason not to just use the tank you prefer.

Good luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread