Trying to learn "fittings"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honkey Kong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Scranton, PA USA
We have the Joyetech Ego-C. We did not buy Kits, as the seperate batteries come with the bottom cap USB passthrough system that the ones in the Kits do not. We have the standard Type A cones/Atomizers/tanks that do come with the Kits, however.

From what I am reading we are basically "dripping" with our setups in that the Ego Type A Tanks sit directly over/around the Atomizer and the e-liquid is in direct contact with the Atomizer with no filler/wicking. We just got these in the Mail yesterday, and I think we may be using too much e-liquid as we have had to refill a few times already. So, to make things easier, I want to get us larger Tanks (3-6ml compared to our current 1ml).

The problem I am having is there are too many "fitting" types listed. Which ones do I get for our Ego's? I thought it was 510, but I was also told to look specifically at Ego "Fittings"? And when looking through websites I see some sold as 510 and some are labeled as Ego.

I looked at our Batteries and see there is actually 2 threads there. 1 of the Threads is on the inside of the "fitting" and the other on the outside.

TLDR Version: What Tank/Carto "fittings" will fit on our Ego-C's ?

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Your Ego batteries are a 510 connection. Certian attys or cartos has a "Ego fitting" which basically means that the 510 connection is recessed and will only work on an Ego battery because its connection sits higher. The Ego specific cartos or attys can be used on other devices but would need and extension in order to work.

In summary, anything 510 will work on your batteries.

MattyT

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
No Problem, glad I was able to help clear things up for you!! It can definitely be confusing at first, but with time everything will come together and before you know it you will be helping others. It was a lot easier for me when I first started vaping 3 years ago because there wasn't as much out there. All you had were the cigarette style in 3 different battery connections so you really couldn't get too confused LoL.

But I must say, even though there is more out there to choose from which is cool, the best part is that everything is sooooo much better (performance wise) then it used to be. You definitely got into vaping at a good time.

One thing I can recommend is Boge low resistance (2.0 ohm) cartomizers. I still use Ego batteries and use these on them, they provide a good consistent vape with good vapor and flavor. I usually get mine here Crystal Clear Vaping

Honkey Kong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Scranton, PA USA
That is pretty much what I have decided on. Boge 2 Ohm or the Smok Tech 1.7 Ohm. There was awesome reviews for the 1.7's, than it seems there was a pretty nasty batch around the end of last year/beginning of this year. Not sure if it was cleared up or not, but I have not read anything bad the Boge 2 Ohm's so far. The decision now is if they will last me a day, or if I will put them in a Tank. Which brings along a whole new decision of what Tank...

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
This may or not be right and if it confuses you please ignore, but generally the "510" designation is in regard to the threads (groves per cm maybe?). So most 510 threading systems will thread onto 510s - What you do have to be aware of is the width of the fitting. Most 510 threads are smaller widths (about 3mm by my guess) but some run wide like the skirting of the eGo. Sometimes you have to change a male to female, etc., but that doesn't happen often.

One option you can always do is purchase some cheap 510-510 adapters (I keep several on hand) so if something doesn't work you can use the adapter to change male-female, small/large/etc. :blush:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread