Want a starter kit that doesnt use a seperate atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I am looking for a starter kit that uses cartos and not a separate atomizer and cartridge. I am looking at the ego type products but not sure, they all seem to have separate atomizers. Or do I buy these kits and then look for a seperate carto product that fits it? I am a little confused.

If you are certain that you want to just use cartomizers you are probably best off just buying a battery and some cartomizers. Liberty-flights has what looks to be a very good deal on a Riva kit that just comes with cartos, but it seems to be out of stock at the moment. So, unless you can find another deal like that, I'd suggest just ordering a battery or two and a box of cartomizers. It is likely to be cheaper than a starter kit, and you won't get things you don't want (said by a guy who still has a box of USA Mix cartrides in the fridge, along with some atomizers I don't use, but kind of like having as a backup.)

EDIT: But don't forget to get some juice. Where I made my mistake on my first order was thinking I had ordered enough juice.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I am looking for a starter kit that uses cartos and not a separate atomizer and cartridge. I am looking at the ego type products but not sure, they all seem to have separate atomizers. Or do I buy these kits and then look for a seperate carto product that fits it? I am a little confused.

The eGo type products always include an atomizer because they are special atomizers that are cone shaped and fit the styling of the eGos. Normal atty's are too short to use for dripping, etc. unless you don't use the cone on the end of the eGO.

Any starter kit can use cartos. Just get whatever starter kit suits your fancy and get cartos to fit the thread patteren (510, 808 etc.).
You can fit most normal cartos through the nose of the eGo cone. The clearomizer types are too fat, so you need a special cone with a wider hole in the nose if you want to use your cone with a clearomizer. There are also specially designed cartos and tanks especially designed for eGo type PVs. You don't have to use these if you don't want. A plain old Boge works just fine.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
If you are certain that you want to just use cartomizers you are probably best off just buying a battery and some cartomizers. Liberty-flights has what looks to be a very good deal on a Riva kit that just comes with cartos, but it seems to be out of stock at the moment. So, unless you can find another deal like that, I'd suggest just ordering a battery or two and a box of cartomizers. It is likely to be cheaper than a starter kit, and you won't get things you don't want (said by a guy who still has a box of USA Mix cartrides in the fridge, along with some atomizers I don't use, but kind of like having as a backup.)

EDIT: But don't forget to get some juice. Where I made my mistake on my first order was thinking I had ordered enough juice.

And if you go the battery route, don't forget the charger. You can't charge an eGo on a regular charger.

A lot of starter kits have 2 batteries, a charger, atomizer, cone, drip tip and maybe a carto or two.
It's easy to find a starter kit that's cheaper than buying the components separately, especially if you want two batteries.
Two batteries is an excellent idea unless you have another good PV to use.

The best store I know for Newbies is Cignot. Vicky there is real nice and will answer any quetions. She might even do some substitutions for you. She's used to dealing with the noobs.

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
If you decide just to get the batts, don't forget the charger!! You may want to go with a kit and order blank cartos and juice because you can use the atty later to try juices... Good luck with your search!

+1

It's always best to have at least one atomizer around. If for nothing else but to try juice before you load up a carto and decide you hate it

I still think it's best to go with a kit if you don't have any of the other parts. Kits are priced specifically to be cheaper than the sum of their parts.

BenD188

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
O'Fallon, MO

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
The eGo type products always include an atomizer because they are special atomizers that are cone shaped and fit the styling of the eGos. Normal atty's are too short to use for dripping, etc. unless you don't use the cone on the end of the eGO.

Actually, a surprising number of eGo kits come with plain 510 atomizers. Mine did, for instance ;). But it is possible to use an eGo without ever using a standalone atomizer, and I think that is what the OP is asking about. If you _know_ that you only want to use cartomizers it is going to be cheaper to just buy a couple of batteries and the cartomizers you want. Unless you can find a cartomizer starter kit, and like I said, the only one I know of in an eGo style is out of stock.

But it's cheap enough to just get a couple of batteries and a few cartomizers. And some juice!

EDIT: And by the way, I started with a kit from cignot that included a couple of atomizers. I can't say that their customer service was outstanding, just because I didn't need much from them in the way of customer service. I ordered some stuff, they shipped it, and I got it about as quickly as was possible. So far my experience with cignot has been unexceptional, and I kind of prefer it that way ;).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread