Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Greetings and salutations!
MDlYnWQ.gif

Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
Hi Jeff,
Welcome back!

How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What vape equipment did you use last time?
How long did you make it?
What pushed you back to smoking?
What are your goals this time? cut back / quit nicotine completely / vape forever?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I
Thank you, I have smoked for 25 years not quite a pack a day for the most part. I had the best Vape equipment and have spent thousands of $$. I tried off and on for a long time and have also tried all the tank, temp controlled mods, every pg/vg ratio you could imagine, with nic and without nic. Both ways seemed to make my head feel kind of sick maybe I have always vaped to soon after an analog? I just wanna vape so bad. I just bought a couple pod setups. I am currently using the Uwell Caliburn since yesterday but haven’t vaped much yet. I ordered an e-salt juice 10mg nic and also a bottle of 50/50 pg/vg and cut it down to 1mg nic. I know that is not much considering it’s only 1mg nic per 10ml roughly. Last night I did vape a bit and didn’t bother me to much (knock on wood) but realize if the pg/vg doesn’t bug me much I will have to increase the nic because I still craved the nicotine and had my normal analogs which I smoked just fine as if I never started to vape again. My goal is to quit analogs and just have a quick vape every so often. I will be perfectly happy doing that if the pg/vg doesn’t make me feel nauseous and bug my already sinus problems to much. I am not really setting a time limit on stopping vaping I just want to make this work so bad and get off the analogues. I am also on meds to slow my heart down, anti depressants, nerve pills, reflux pills, sinus spray and pills. I checked last night on health Canada and I put in my meds as required and added in the poly glycol and Vg and it came up with no drug interactions with the Pg or VG. I do realize that the meds I take definitely dehydrate me and that I will have to keep a considerable amount of water in me as I vape which is not a problem. I am no stranger to vaping like I said I have ran all the good equipment and Rda’s etc and have done so much research online so vaping and vaping problems or reactions are no stranger to me I just need to be part of a group to here second opinions to try and narrow down what could possible bug me sometimes. The times I did vape and worked pretty good was back when vaping first started and the coils were higher ohm and the battery’s were ran at low wattage and voltage outputs. I assume it might be because I was not taking in quiet as much Vapor at a time. Anyways that a start to the questions and gives you all something to work with. Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
Thank you, I have smoked for 25 years not quite a pack a day for the most part. I had the best Vape equipment and have spent thousands of $$. I tried off and on for a long time and have also tried all the tank, temp controlled mods, every pg/vg ratio you could imagine, with nic and without nic. Both ways seemed to make my head feel kind of sick maybe I have always vaped to soon after an analog? I just wanna vape so bad. I just bought a couple pod setups. I am currently using the Uwell Caliburn since yesterday but haven’t vaped much yet. I ordered an e-salt juice 10mg nic and also a bottle of 50/50 pg/vg and cut it down to 1mg nic. I know that is not much considering it’s only 1mg nic per 10ml roughly. Last night I did vape a bit and didn’t bother me to much (knock on wood) but realize if the pg/vg doesn’t bug me much I will have to increase the nic because I still craved the nicotine and had my normal analogs which I smoked just fine as if I never started to vape again. My goal is to quit analogs and just have a quick vape every so often. I will be perfectly happy doing that if the pg/vg doesn’t make me feel nauseous and bug my already sinus problems to much. I am not really setting a time limit on stopping vaping I just want to make this work so bad and get off the analogues. I am also on meds to slow my heart down, anti depressants, nerve pills, reflux pills, sinus spray and pills. I checked last night on health Canada and I put in my meds as required and added in the poly glycol and Vg and it came up with no drug interactions with the Pg or VG. I do realize that the meds I take definitely dehydrate me and that I will have to keep a considerable amount of water in me as I vape which is not a problem. I am no stranger to vaping like I said I have ran all the good equipment and Rda’s etc and have done so much research online so vaping and vaping problems or reactions are no stranger to me I just need to be part of a group to here second opinions to try and narrow down what could possible bug me sometimes. The times I did vape and worked pretty good was back when vaping first started and the coils were higher ohm and the battery’s were ran at low wattage and voltage outputs. I assume it might be because I was not taking in quiet as much Vapor at a time. Anyways that a start to the questions and gives you all something to work with. Thanks
Also I was wondering if I am possible vaping to closly after having an analog. It does say online that it is about 2 hrs half life to get the worst of the nic from the analog out of your system.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Also I was wondering if I am possible vaping to closly after having an analog. It does say online that it is about 2 hrs half life to get the worst of the nic from the analog out of your system.

Just my opinion:

Vape before you have an analog.

It's not about stopping smoking, it is about cigarette replacement.

The process is concerned with eliminating as many analog cigarettes as possible.

One less cigarette, every day, is 365 fewer cigarettes per year.

Nicotine is not what makes folks sick nor gives them cancer/Lung-cardio vascular diseases, it is the smoke and related "TAR". (Tobacco Aerosol Residue)

Talk to your doctors about starting to vape again. Medication adjustments may be needed.

I would suggest you get a Juul and some low or medium nicotine level pods and use the device whenever you have the urge to smoke.

Eat right, exercise and socialize. Don't over think it, just vape.

Welcome to the ECF.
Izan

Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
Just my opinion:

Vape before you have an analog.

It's not about stopping smoking, it is about cigarette replacement.

The process is concerned with eliminating as many analog cigarettes as possible.

One less cigarette, every day, is 365 fewer cigarettes per year.

Nicotine is not what makes folks sick nor gives them cancer/Lung-cardio vascular diseases, it is the smoke and related "TAR". (Tobacco Aerosol Residue)

Talk to your doctors about starting to vape again. Medication adjustments may be needed.

I would suggest you get a Juul and some low or medium nicotine level pods and use the device whenever you have the urge to smoke.

Eat right, exercise and socialize. Don't over think it, just vape.

Welcome to the ECF.
Izan
Thanks Izan I appreciate any feedback I can get. I just bought a new Uwell caliburn which also has refillable pods. Is the Jule better? From what I read the Caliburn had better ratings. What do you think? Even at 1-2mg nic I seem to only need a couple puffs to every analog I would normally have which is strange because I can smoke alit more than that.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The symptoms of nicotine overdose are some combination of:
  • nausea
  • dizziness
  • headache
Some people also get the hiccups as an early warning sign. Overdose is quite unpleasant, but it's exceedingly difficult for most people to get a toxic level of nicotine from vaping (drinking it would be a different story). With vaping, it takes effect so quickly that you feel dreadful and stop vaping before you get to a harmful level. If you do get 'nic sick', put down the vape and you should feel better within about 20 minutes. Then start again with less vaping or lower concentration juice.

You're correct that older equipment generally delivered less vapour. Current setups usually fall into three categories:
  • Pod mods: low power, deliver little juice and therefore usually use high concentrations of nicotine in the range of 25 mg/ml - 50 mg/ml, which is sometimes written as 2.5% - 5%
  • MTL: the middle option; nicotine levels are most often 3 mg/ml - 20 mg/ml
  • DL: high power, lots of ejuice per puff so less nicotine per ml; often 1.5 mg/ml - 6 mg/ml
Older equipment fell in the lower-powered end of the modern MTL range, and ejuice at the time could go up to 24 - 30 mg/ml for some people.

Can you tell us what tank you're using? I'm wondering if it's MTL or DL.

Izan's recommendation is a solid strategy. Vape whenever you crave an analog and see if you can get by with that instead. The 'right amount' of nicotine is enough to keep you off the cigarettes and not enough to make you sick.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread