Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
T
The symptoms of nicotine overdose are some combination of:
  • nausea
  • dizziness
  • headache
Some people also get the hiccups as an early warning sign. Overdose is quite unpleasant, but it's exceedingly difficult for most people to get a toxic level of nicotine from vaping (drinking it would be a different story). With vaping, it takes effect so quickly that you feel dreadful and stop vaping before you get to a harmful level. If you do get 'nic sick', put down the vape and you should feel better within about 20 minutes. Then start again with less vaping or lower concentration juice.

You're correct that older equipment generally delivered less vapour. Current setups usually fall into three categories:
  • Pod mods: low power, deliver little juice and therefore usually use high concentrations of nicotine in the range of 25 mg/ml - 50 mg/ml, which is sometimes written as 2.5% - 5%
  • MTL: the middle option; nicotine levels are most often 3 mg/ml - 20 mg/ml
  • DL: high power, lots of ejuice per puff so less nicotine per ml; often 1.5 mg/ml - 6 mg/ml
Older equipment fell in the lower-powered end of the modern MTL range, and ejuice at the time could go up to 24 - 30 mg/ml for some people.

Can you tell us what tank you're using? I'm wondering if it's MTL or DL.

Izan's recommendation is a solid strategy. Vape whenever you crave an analog and see if you can get by with that instead. The 'right amount' of nicotine is enough to keep you off the cigarettes and not enough to make you sick.

Good luck!
Thanks so much, I just bought the Uwell Caliburn and I know a lot about vaping equipment and e-salts etc everything. The caliburn is an amazing setup and will work great when I get things straightened out. Like I said last night I would take a few puffs every so often with no problem and maybe I have to ease into it more than most people and I’m fine with that. I still had some analogs last night but pretty sure that’s due to the fact the nic level is to low. I will get a higher nic liquid tomorrow and that I would assume should take away the need to have an analog. Fingers crossed it really shouldn’t be this tricky. I should be able to just pick up the vape and go to town like most people.

Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
Welcome to ECF, Jeff_K.
Thanks
Hi Jeff,
Welcome back!

How long did you smoke and how many per day?
What vape equipment did you use last time?
How long did you make it?
What pushed you back to smoking?
What are your goals this time? cut back / quit nicotine completely / vape forever?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I
Sorry located in Canada

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Sorry located in Canada
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome.

As I was quitting which was not the greatest process in the UNIVERSE (although I am glad I did) I would sometimes vape immediately go smoke, and intermingle vaping with smoking so I could tell how gross it was.

Granted, I was a 3 ppd smoker but my nic was like 19 mg/ml I don't think there is some magical "wait" time between smoking and vaping. That dual use AT THE same time kind of helped me out quite a bit.

Your body will let you know if you are nic sic, everyone does probably process nic differently but the good news is it is almost IMPOSSIBE to make yourself nic sic to death without some pretty intense things, like drinking eliquid etc.

If you get nic sic go lie down a bit, pay attention to your symptoms and see if you can catch it earlier next time.

Good luck this time around.

Anna

Jeff_K

Oct 12, 2019
Canada
Welcome.

As I was quitting which was not the greatest process in the UNIVERSE (although I am glad I did) I would sometimes vape immediately go smoke, and intermingle vaping with smoking so I could tell how gross it was.

Granted, I was a 3 ppd smoker but my nic was like 19 mg/ml I don't think there is some magical "wait" time between smoking and vaping. That dual use AT THE same time kind of helped me out quite a bit.

Your body will let you know if you are nic sic, everyone does probably process nic differently but the good news is it is almost IMPOSSIBE to make yourself nic sic to death without some pretty intense things, like drinking eliquid etc.

If you get nic sic go lie down a bit, pay attention to your symptoms and see if you can catch it earlier next time.

Good luck this time around.

Anna
Thanks Anna, I appreciate the info. I have to wonder also since I have bad anxiety and nerves that I bring on some of the symptoms myself because I just assume that it will happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread