The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Turning 901 battery into a passthrough?

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Cyborgasm, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cyborgasm

Cyborgasm Full Member

Jan 8, 2009
    U.S.
    *By 901 I mean RN4075 of course.

Can anyone help me do this? I've just killed my 2nd passthrough in 4 weeks. Or maybe you have a cleaning technique I'm not familiar with? This is getting annoying.

2. georgini

georgini Full Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    ditto on the passthrough, died in days.

3. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Check the mods forum Cy. I'm sure there's something there somewhere about it.

Lu

4. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    "Can anyone help me do this? I've just killed my 2nd passthrough in 4 weeks. Or maybe you have a cleaning technique I'm not familiar with? This is getting annoying."

Cybro--There is no cleaning cycle on the passthough--but--You may not have really killed it. The passthough has been known to not have the exact threading as the batteries and it is a contact problem with the atomizer--try a few atomizers. I have many atomizers that the passthough will not work on and many that the same passthough will--worth a try---Sun

5. parapo

parapo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2008
    Greece
    if the switch fails, install a manual switch.......last forever...

6. MtBucket

MtBucket Full Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Had a broken wire on my passthru from PureSmoker.com (Excellent Supplier!!) Forgot to reinforce the connection on the USB side.
    Just made one and installed a manual switch...Thankx to Sun pointing me in the right direction. Bastage has an excellent vid on here. One Band-Aid, couple of soder burns and four hours later.....One USB passthrough with a manual switch with a thicker USB cable!

So Far so good.
    Plenty of Vaper and works like a charm.
    Eats alot of juice with dripping though

Just gotta figure out what to do the the atty hole by the battery now......Dont know if those guys plug it with something or not? Just worried about juice getting on the battery connection.

See Video - How to mod your DSE901B for USB PC power

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.