TV tells the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
One point in this exercise frustrates me: The man who sold WINK-TV the e-cigarettes is getting publicity. He blames nicotine for addicting his wife to cigarettes and her death. So he is adament that no-nicotine e-cigs be used to "kick the habit." It's being tested as a smoking cessation device, in conjunction with NRT. Here, we emphasize that e-smoking is an alternative to cigarette smoking, a safe way to continue an addiction too strong for many to break. This trial doesn't recognize that at all.

Might I also suggest that there will be pressure to "make this work." These people are desperate; they've been told this will work. The good doctor knows the power of persuasion, the placebo effect. They could just as well suck a straw while wearing a patch. Plus, they do not want to fail before television cameras, for the whole world to see their "weakness." Frankly, I could make it three weeks and then tell you how tough it was, etc. In three MONTHS, I'd be back on cigarettes. These work precisely because they're a source of needed nicotine.

I see no good coming from this test.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The results are in. WINK-TV reported tonight on 7 test subjects who tried nicotine-free e-cigarettes for three weeks. Two outright failures, one of whom complained of too little vapor and called the device "ridiculous", three successes and two still puffing both kinds of cigs. But the reporter still stated tonight that "e-cigs contain no nicotine." I added a comment to the page as "e-smoker."

This set back e-smoking in Southwest Florida a year or two!

http://www.winknews.com/news/top/18871634.html?vauto=y

RatInDaHat

Peace, I'm outta here
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
here is the sad thing.. If they did even the smallest amount of research they would already know that there are many options on nicotine levels, flavor, and prices between devices. They would probably also know a whole lot more, but broadcast media is getting very bad about it. No objectivity, no research, nothing good for anybody.

Can't believe i am going to school for this crap.

-Dusty-

Fumador

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2008
Hi guys.TropicalBob , reading about your background as a reporter was very interesting, and I was thinking that maybe you
could try to contact the people at the newspapers where you used to work , and help start a trend for serious journalism on
this subject. I think it would be great to read a well written article on e smoking.Cheers.

here is the sad thing.. If they did even the smallest amount of research they would already know that there are many options on nicotine levels, flavor, and prices between devices. They would probably also know a whole lot more, but broadcast media is getting very bad about it. No objectivity, no research, nothing good for anybody.

Can't believe i am going to school for this crap.

-Dusty-

your going to school must have done something your doing a great job on the forums and your website.
btw thanks for the tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread