TW V-Scope - Clone or Cloned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammyleg

Dec 1, 2017
Hi,

I have 4 Totally Wicked V-Scope tanks which I think are great, however they were discontinued a couple of years ago and the 510 threads on 3 of the bases are now flattened off / stripped with only one good one remaining.
I would really like to get hold of either some replacement tank bases or complete tank assemblies. So questions are:

Was the V-Scope a clone of another brand, and if so, which one?
Is it possible to source replacement bases anywhere?
Can you still buy 3.5ml tanks in the UK?

Thanks

gammy.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know the answers to the first two questions, but I don't believe you can buy tanks over 2 ml in the UK at the moment, unless there is some way to import them which I don't know much about but probably wouldn't advise.

Good luck finding a tank that is a similar vape, unless you are able to find what you need (hopefully). I think it IS possible to change out the 510 pin, but I don't know how to do that, however, others may come by with a solution for you. If this is *your* best tank, it may be worth the effort to do so....

Best of luck,

Anna

gammyleg

Dec 1, 2017
I don't know the answers to the first two questions, but I don't believe you can buy tanks over 2 ml in the UK at the moment, unless there is some way to import them which I don't know much about but probably wouldn't advise.

Good luck finding a tank that is a similar vape, unless you are able to find what you need (hopefully). I think it IS possible to change out the 510 pin, but I don't know how to do that, however, others may come by with a solution for you. If this is *your* best tank, it may be worth the effort to do so....

Best of luck,

Anna

gammyleg

Dec 1, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

TW USA still sell big tanks but the postage to UK is crazy money. The thread on my bases can't be swapped out but I did think of running a die over them to see if I could get some more life out of them. The problem is that they are very short and I reckon that I might only get a couple of turns on them before it the die bottoms out.

I'm sure I've seen replacement bases advertised but they only refer to the big brands ( Innokin, eLeaf etc ). If I knew whether the V-Scope was a clone, and if so, of what, I could maybe get hold of some.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for the reply.

TW USA still sell big tanks but the postage to UK is crazy money. The thread on my bases can't be swapped out but I did think of running a dye over them to see if I could get some more life out of them. The problem is that they are very short and I reckon that I might only get a couple of turns on them before it the dye bottoms out.

I'm sure I've seen replacement bases advertised but they only refer to the big brands ( Innokin, eLeaf etc ). If I knew whether the V-Scope was a clone, and if so, of what, I could maybe get hold of some.
Hi and welcome.

TW rebrands Joye/eleaf/wismec/ismoka.

Is this what you have?

Cheers
I

gammyleg

Dec 1, 2017
Hi and welcome.

TW rebrands Joye/eleaf/wismec/ismoka.

Is this what you have?

Cheers
I

Izan

That is the one!! Perfect. Thank you.

A quick search has shown this particular model is in short supply. Some are still on sale in the US and lots available on Alibaba but I'm a bit reluctant to trust that.

Last edited:

gammyleg

Dec 1, 2017
if you are competent with a brazing torch, in theory you could tear down the tank and put a blob of brass or silver solder in the threads to build them up and recut with a die. i have done this with aluminum fixtures in the past, but never vape stuff.

Good thinking but that's a bit too involved for me. :)

The threads are flattened rather than stripped but not sure whether a die would re-shape the the thread peaks or not.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
there are rethreading dies that move the metal rather than cutting new threads, but i don't know the pitch of 510 threads off the top of my head. i believe they are metric and while i have found some inexpensive craftsman kits at sears, for obscure metric threads you would probably need to go with snap-on, mac, or matco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread