Twist or Spinner? What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Hi everyone,

A co-worker wants me to purchase a starter kit for him ( $ 100 budget ) I want it to be easy, functional, good battery life. Thinking spinner or twist?

Ive had 2 twists for the last 7 or 8 months and no problems. I have had the Spinner for a month or so and no problems..
Both seem as good as the other. Imo/

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've used both for a few days before I gave them to my bro, he's been using them since with no issues. Personally I like the spinner a little better, especially if it's for a newb, the voltage markings are easier to see and the adjustment is a little easier to grip. The Twist has numbers printed on the adjustment really small plus I've heard some say they can wear off. Other than that and a slight difference in size they are basically the same battery.

Wondertwin

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2012
Texas
The threading on the Spinner is a little rough, sometimes a little hard to get my vivi's or cartos on in comparison to the Twist. Not a big deal though, mine is the 1300mah battery, lasts forever, and the bottom is more user and newbie friendly for setting voltage for sure. I find myself using the Spinner more than the Twist, the fatter shorter shape is more user friendly imo.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
There has been talk in other threads about a quality issue with the Spinner in which the buttons stick. I had a friend at work have his tip over and the button stuck in and he could not get it back out. I took it apart and reseated the button and board and it works again. The glue that is used to secure the board is not a hard glue and I think it causes the board to shift a bit through (normal?) use.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
There has been talk in other threads about a quality issue with the Spinner in which the buttons stick

i had both and saw the button stick on the twist, when vaping you would let go and it would still fire for 5-6 sec.

they are both so overly mass produced there's sure to be bad ones no matter what. i like the spinner better myself.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
The threading on the Spinner is a little rough, sometimes a little hard to get my vivi's or cartos on in comparison to the Twist. Not a big deal though, mine is the 1300mah battery, lasts forever, and the bottom is more user and newbie friendly for setting voltage for sure. I find myself using the Spinner more than the Twist, the fatter shorter shape is more user friendly imo.

Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Ty! Decided on the Spinner!

I personally prefer the Spinner as my vision isn't so great (and never was). I can see the markings on the black or blue Spinner more easily.

And yep, the 1,300 Spinner is shorter and fatter, which I personally prefer. If your co-worker's looking for elegant, this probably isn't it.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I've tried both. Like the colors of the twist better, especially the pearl pink.

The twist is longer and thinner (really long actually). Spinner is fatter and the numbers are easier to read.

Hi Caridwen,
I don't think HE would appreciate the pearl pink as much as we would :)

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
A little off topic but what about an itaste MVP? Just make sure it's the new one with the ego cone threads.

It's shorter, fatter, twice the battery life and charges via micro usb. The screen is nice too.

I've heard of them.. Did Pbusardo do a review on it? I think I might've seen it.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I've heard of them.. Did Pbusardo do a review on it? I think I might've seen it.

Yeah, he gave it a thumbs up and said if it had ego cone threads and an ohm checker, it would be a thumbs up while whistling dixie. Now they have ego cone threads.

Innokin iTaste MVP

So for 65 bucks you get a metal 2600mah 3.3-5.0 volt mod, beauty ring, two iclear dual coil clearos and the charging cable. It's shorter than a 1000mah ego twist. My hundred dollar startup kit would be that (65), a 400mah mini ego (15), ego usb charger (6) and a vivi nova (10-12).

You'd end up with a VV 2600mah pass through, 2 clearos (heads are replaceable), a stealth battery w/ charger and a vivi.

I'm sure everyone has an idea of how they would do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread