Twisted Kanthal 28awg Dual Coil Builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Firstly, I am quite new to the RTA scene, i've been vaping for over 2 years now and decided to start making my own coils, mainly to experiment as well as providing a cheaper way of replacing coils.

I bought the Rebuildable Billow v2 Nano tank which in all honesty I have grown to enjoy over the last couple of weeks of owning it but it is still early days and i've had no other RTA or RDA to compare it to. Its doing the job for me either way.

With this tank i purchased some 28gauge kanthal wire which came with some free Japanese organic cotton. I've made a few coils with this but i have found it difficult to get anything less than 0.7/0.8ohms and can barely go above 25watts without it frying.

After some Googling around i saw that Twisted wire was the preferred choice for people wanting to achieve sub-ohm levels. So today, I went ahead and purchased some but now I have absolutely no idea which build to go for. I've had a little play around using steam engine but to be honest, it confuses the hell out of me. This is how it has led me to writing this post...

Does anyone here have experience with this wire and what is your preferred build to create some big cloud with big flavour?

Reactions: wwwmarty

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
personally i don't think twisted wire coils provide any benefits over single strand or parallel coils. i recommend buying a spool of 26 awg and start with a simple 8 wrap on a 3/32" screwdriver. also, a huge factor in RTAs is wicking. Poor wicking can cause you to zap your coil and cotton because the wicking can't keep the coils wet.
This is just my opinion though. No matter what you buy/use, happy building!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread