Two questions from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
I am getting my kit today, twist 650 mah, with mini vision nova, and rapid charger from myvaporstore. I started small I want to see if I will like vaping an stick with it before I spend too much money.

I totally forgot to order juice, So I was looking around at different sites can someone explain difference between PG and VG? For example:

555 Menthol E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

There is PG 100%, PG 80/20, PG 50/50 and so on, a lot of choices.

Also what advatange is there in adjusting voltage? what is the recommended voltage to use safely? I assume the higher you put it drains battery more, but what does that give you by adjusting it?

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
PG is propelyene glycol. Many users find that too high of a pg ratio can cause coughing and/or throat irritation.

VG is vegetable glycerin. This stuff creates more vapor and is recommended to folks who have the PG irritation problem. It can also mute the flavor in some juices but if you are buying from a good juice vendor they will have compensated accordingly.

Higher pg ratios are often found in vendor juices but not always. Some vendors allow you to customize whatever ratio you want.

Like rocky above, I almost always prefer 50/50.

If you are new, get a bottle with say 80/20 and then try a 50/50. Juice is really the hardest part of vaping as we all have differing taste.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
In addition to the above about juices tasting different at different voltages, VV also lets you adjust for variations in the resistance of your coils. So you don't have to be as "careful" in your purchasing.

Best voltage? Start low, and slowly move it up until you get the vape you like. If it starts to taste harsh, back it down a tad.

If you live near a B&M shop, most will let you try out different flavors. Taste is totally subjective, and it's hard to make any recommendations on flavor! Better to try some in a shop for yourself to at least get some ideas of the types of flavor your like - and those will likely change as you vape on.

Good luck! You've made a good decision.

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
Thanks everyone !!!

I just got home and got my twist 650, with rapid charger and vivi

Myvaporstore was awesome and gave me two small 5 ml bottles of ejuice as samples, so at least I don't have to wait until next week

I just started charging and it is red, how do I know when it is fully charged? Will light go off or go green? Also how long does it take to charge 650 mah?

Last edited:

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
I am also nube and I made a purchase from MT Baker (Great Site and service) I ordered all of my juice in 50/50 plus I ordered 1 15ml bottle of unflavored with the same nic content as the others 18ml at 100% p/g This way if I want to thin it out a bit I can add some P/G to a specific juice to increase the flavor. Just a thought. Goof luck and have fun vaping
Stu

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks everyone !!!

I just got home and got my twist 650, with rapid cahrger and vivi

Myvaporstore was awesom and gave me two small 5 ml bottles of ejuice as samples, so at least I don't have to wait until next week

I just started charging and it is red, how do I know when it is fully charged? Will light go off or go green? Also how long does it take to charge 650 mah?

Light will turn green. If you have a local vape shop, I would go and try out some flavors in person. It will cost you more upfront, but at least you'll end up with something you know you will enjoy.

After you figure out what kind you like, then explore the internet and forums for recommendations.

I started vaping 100% pg and have worked my way down to 50/50 and sometimes even more vg than pg.

Really depends on what you are looking for.ie, stealth vaping I'd use a higher pg like 80/20 ratio. Vg tends to hang in the air longer than pg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
Light will turn green. If you have a local vape shop, I would go and try out some flavors in person. It will cost you more upfront, but at least you'll end up with something you know you will enjoy.

After you figure out what kind you like, then explore the internet and forums for recommendations.

I started vaping 100% pg and have worked my way down to 50/50 and sometimes even more vg than pg.

Really depends on what you are looking for.ie, stealth vaping I'd use a higher pg like 80/20 ratio. Vg tends to hang in the air longer than pg

Thanks everyone for quick response

It already turned green is that possible? Can it be fully charged in under 30 minutes?

Also the two juices they sent me was 1.8% Cinna Bun and 1.8% Killa Vanilla

I remember reading somewhere have to be careful with certain ejuice with plastic mini nova. Do I need to worry about these? Or just try it out anyway?

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA
OK i just gave it a shot, put in vanilla, and messed with voltage.

It works tons of vapor, though not much of a throat hit, flavor is fine.

I looked it up online at the store and these are 50-50 I guess I need to find ejuice with stronger throat?

Also one other question is it normal to start smoking from the bottom of the mini nova right where it joins with battery.

It not a lot of smoke but I definitely see vapor/smoke everytime I take a hit

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sounds like you might be slightly blowing into the drip tip, either before or after drawing on it to vape. I've had that happen now and then.

Nearly all batteries come close to fully charged, ime. Those were 650's? I'd expect a couple hours to charge from "dead" with the usual chargers provided, so half hour from "new" isn't unreasonable.

Regarding the nic level... We all came from different tobacco styles, etc. and have all been vaping for different time spans, too. I started at 18, didn't work, bumped up to 24 and haven't burned tobacco since. Back down to 18 now.

If you get the results you want and/or need at 6, then that's what you want and need to stay away from the lighter. (And, if 6, I think that's 6 mg, not 6%! So it would convert to 0.6%.)

It might be that they just sent 6mg as the free sample because you didn't specify strength. From their end, it makes sense to send low nic, rather than send high nic and make someone ill! So if you don't have a noticeable drop in the urge to smoke, you may need a higher nic level. That would also affect TH.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
DavidOck hit the nail on the head about nicotine strength. Juice is the 'hardest' part of vaping in MHO. If you can visit a local vape shop and try different PG/VG / nic / flavor combinations, you've got a great chance of finding something you like pretty quickly.

It's great to ask advice about juice on the forum (there's a whole sub-forum dedicated to just juice) and you can get the facts quite easily here, but ultimately, you're just going to have to try a few different combinations to see what works best for your equipment and gives you the vape you need.

Most online juice retailers offer sampler packs, I highly recommend you get a variety of different juices in different blends and strengths to see what works.
Happy vaping.

jrentor

Apr 29, 2013
USA

Unfortunately none in NY that I know of.

So I took a few more hits this morning, seem to be getting better throat hit, maybe the mini nova needed to break in?

I was reading some review video that you have to shake it with min nova to get wicks wet is that true all the time?

Also can anyone explain different between ohm. From what I can se it says 2.4 ohm on the head. I looked at the other 2 heads, and one is 1.8 and other I think if i read it right is 2.8

Right now I have my voltage set to I think 4.5 and seems to work very well, good enough vapor, and getting a nice throat hit. Battery is still alive, though I have only vaped about 1 ml, not sure how much time that really is.

One last question anyone know who sells the best tobacoo tasting juice? I know I won't be able to get anything a perfect as cigarette, but I don't think I can vape sweet ejuice most of the day maybe once in a while but after a while it getting too sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread