Two Weeks Smoke Free! A Miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrl F8

Jan 28, 2010
So. California
I started vaping on Jan. 6 of this year. I cut way down on analogs, eventually ran out of them and decided that I didn't want or need them anymore.

After almost 35 years at 1 to 1.5 packs a day (sometimes more, but rarely less), and numerous attempts to quit using every other method known to man, I had all but given up hope. After having failed so many times, whenever I would even think of quitting, I would panic smoke. That is what I did while waiting for my first PV to arrive in the mail.

I got my PV, it worked (!), and I gave myself permission to gradually withdraw comfortably. It took about two months. I've been around other smokers for extended periods and have no desire for even one. They stink. And I can't imagine myself in a more stressful situation than I am in now, so I have no worries about starting smoking again.

My plan is to gradually withdraw nicotine from my system and break habits. vaping will become unnecessary, and smoking will be a distant memory. I will have compassion for smokers and direct them to this forum.

Thank you all so much for being here.

Cheers!

Ctrl F8

Jan 28, 2010
So. California
congratulations ctrl, glad to hear you are doing great with the ecig. This is definitely the easiest way to quit cigarettes. It still amazes me that those of us who have smoked for a long time can actually be sucessful with this. good luck...

Thanks Julie. It is amazing. The trick was to be easy on myself.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Thanks Julie. It is amazing. The trick was to be easy on myself.

So very true! Smokers are so accustomed to the idea that quitting smoking is inherently traumatic - failure is embarrassing and discouraging, but often enough success feels even worse. It's like the minute you decide to quit, you're in a no-win situation. The idea of a quit plan that isn't traumatic and lets you succeed gently and pleasantly at a rate that suits you just boggles the mind. :)

In your original post, you used a phrase: "panic smoke" - I have been trying to put those words together for weeks to describe to non-smoking friends what happens in a smoker's mind when someone pressures them to quit smoking. "It's kind of rebellion, it's kind of self-reassurance, it's kind of like a panic attack..." Panic smoke. Well-put!

Congratulations on your two weeks milestone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread