Two Weeks Smoke-Free Today: Happy Dance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
After 50 years of smoking and trying every method to quit, I have finally found the answer! Haven't had an analog in two weeks and don't miss them a bit. Couldn't have done this without my pvs and the support of ecf. I have met so many nice people on this forum who are generous with their time and offer great advice. Thanks to all of you. I love reading the success stories, especially kids helping parents and vice-versa. I also enjoy the mail more, now that it's not just medicare, AARP, prepaid burial plans and coupons for hearing aids. And the new toys are great fun! Yes, I'm upgrading constantly (why use a wooden spoon when you can get a Kitchenaid mixer?). My next post will probably be "So, What's in YOUR Junk Drawer???" No, I'm not throwing anything out as it may come in handy someday. I have few electrical outlets left as they're all charging batteries; I'm heeding the advice of 'backup your backups'. Thanks again to everyone. This site gets 5 stars!

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Nice to meet you Calypso and steam engine. Congratulations to both of you too! I have a little Joye 510 that's a permanent resident in my pocket. Also have a Riva which I just ordered two different tank styles for as have quickly become tired of topping off those little cartridges. I'm trying to take it slow and not get carried away, but the bigger pvs sure are tempting. I'm vaping BWB applewood but waiting on caramel, coffee, and cocoa flavors. I've discovered I'm not liking the tobacco flavors much - find that funny after so many years of Marlboros! Best of luck to both of you. I probably couldn't answer any technical questions, but will offer any support I can.

GrammaCool

Feb 17, 2012
San Antonio
Welcome, GrammaCool! I smoked for 40 years and nothing, NOTHING was able to get me to quit until I started vaping. It's now been a little over 3 weeks and I don't even want a smoke. I agree with the "new toys" too........being a long time gadget freak, this part of it appeals to me too! Good luck to you!

I know. Figured the only way the patch would work for me was if I could figure out a way to apply it over my lips....

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
Big time congratulations!! I'm another grandma, in my case I quit about 3-1/2 weeks ago after 45 years smoking. Like you, I found e-cigs actually made it pretty easy after nothing else had ever worked. Anyway, congrats again! You're well on the downside of the quitting analogs mountain and it will just get better and better. :)

Marcella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Today is my 3rd day without analogs (Marlboro Reds)... 37 years of them!

Had a true battle with myself about 3 hours ago, almost opened my last pack of Marlboro Reds that I have still kept around the house. But, I'm really glad I didn't and this forum sure does help

I don't even know why I still get a craving, since I'm for sure getting the nicotine and the "smoke" look, and the throat hit from vaping. And I notice that I am already feeling and sleeping better. I'm not even sure why, maybe all the other addictive ingredients besides nicotine?

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Today is my 3rd day without analogs (Marlboro Reds)... 37 years of them!

Had a true battle with myself about 3 hours ago, almost opened my last pack of Marlboro Reds that I have still kept around the house. But, I'm really glad I didn't and this forum sure does help

I don't even know why I still get a craving, since I'm for sure getting the nicotine and the "smoke" look, and the throat hit from vaping. And I notice that I am already feeling and sleeping better. I'm not even sure why, maybe all the other addictive ingredients besides nicotine?

Day 3 was the WORST for me. Don't get me wrong, I still get cravings, just not that tearing apart craving. Get through the day and tomorrow will be better. For me, it was the smell of a freshly lit cigarette and yes, there are tons of other chemicals that keep you addicted to analogs. I had to up my nic level to 24 to really get rid of the bad cravings. I keep one carto filled with 24 for when I really need it. The rest of the time I can use 18 or 12 and be ok. Good luck and hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread