Types of feeding systems for my bottomfeeder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
What are the best types of feeding systems and what parts are used/how they work are there for bottom feeders .

My next mod will be a bottom feeder and i already got some parts together . Not sure what ill use and what i wont use after testing stuff out . Found the greatest catch cup ever too :)

Im thinking of trying something different for a feed system .Let me know if you guys think it will work . I want to use a ss male luer lock to 1/16" barb fitting with a 16g luer lock needle going up to the atty and the 1/16 tygon tubing running off the barb into the bottle . I have never used a bottom feeder before but it sounds like it should work . I havent seen anyone try this yet . Possibly even that fitting but in the rotating version so it can be rotated up for easy bottle changes . If that works i may also do a revision with a luer T coupler so the bottle can be filled by syringe without removing the bottle .Patent pending J/K lol .

Which material would be best for the luer fitting?

Nylon
PP
SS (harder to find )
ABS
Brass

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
Check out my solution: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3-upside-down-mini-stealth-bottom-feeder.html

Don't run the tube to the bottom of the bottle - then you have to squirt liquid UP into the atty. Use a SS Piercing needle (16ga + 12ga) and stop it at the bottom of the bottle tip. Then turn the unit UPSIDE DOWN to feed it. Easier, and it goes right where it needs to be. NO MESS.

Here is the V2 unit I just posted: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-upside-down-mini-stealth-botoom-feeder.html

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Check out my solution: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3-upside-down-mini-stealth-bottom-feeder.html

Don't run the tube to the bottom of the bottle - then you have to squirt liquid UP into the atty. Use a SS Piercing needle (16ga + 12ga) and stop it at the bottom of the bottle tip. Then turn the unit UPSIDE DOWN to feed it. Easier, and it goes right where it needs to be. NO MESS.

Here is the V2 unit I just posted: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...0-upside-down-mini-stealth-botoom-feeder.html

Looks nice .Thanks for sharing that design . What size/material tube did you use ? Ill keep that idea in mind for my next BF .I have tons of those 2AA boxes too . For the one im building now i would like to not have to turn it upside down . More towards the feed style of a reo but maybe a little more advanced if my luer fitting work like im hoping . I also have a custom box and a sick deep well catch cup im gonna be using on top of being boost VV

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
Looks nice .Thanks for sharing that design . What size/material tube did you use ? Ill keep that idea in mind for my next BF .I have tons of those 2AA boxes too . For the one im building now i would like to not have to turn it upside down . More towards the feed style of a reo but maybe a little more advanced if my luer fitting work like im hoping . I also have a custom box and a sick deep well catch cup im gonna be using on top of being boost VV

Use SS Piercing needle (16ga + 12ga) - 16ga at the top to fit into atty and 12ga at the bottom so it pressure-fits into the bottle tip. All soldered together with the center post of connector. The tube doubles as the positive power side.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Here a diagram of what i mean . What do you think

Untitled-3.jpg

Heres another idea i was thinking of . Probably wont go this route however . There would also be a reducer tube inline and the L fitting directly into a recessed catch cup . Sealed 510 connector . Fitting and tube will go into the catch cup inside the box mod and not be seen externally . L fitting would be screwed into the catch cup to make a seal .

Untitled-35jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
No other designs/feedback?

Im starting to build my bottom feeder today .I cant make my mind up on batt choice . Im torn between 3 different options . What do you guys think ? All 3 are do-able

Option 1 : 2 paralleled 18650 3.7v (sacrifice VV )Also a tight fit but batts should last days . -------6ml bottle

Option 2 : 2 paralleled 14500 VV boost ( Possible sacrifice something like a voltage indicator and little cosmetic addons) Still great battery life . ------6ml bottle

Option 3 : Single 18650 VV Boost (No sacrifices .optimum component locations , Plenty of room . Close to battery life of option 2 .---------------6ml bottle --10ml is very close to fitting .

Also for case color im thinking white Lexus IS pearl with Carbon fiber slide on lid . Sprayed with BC/CC and HVLP gun and carbon fiber dinoc lid until i have time to cast a real carbon fiber lid .The case im using is the same case as my BlackBox VV mod but modified(dimensions 3 9/16" x 2 1/4" x 7/8" . About the same size as a reo woodvil) . I thinking of also cutting out the recessed area on the lid and replacing with a clear Polycarbonate window,backlit with LEDs of course . Opinions ?

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Here a diagram of what i mean . What do you think

Untitled-3.jpg

Heres another idea i was thinking of . Probably wont go this route however . There would also be a reducer tube inline and the L fitting directly into a recessed catch cup . Sealed 510 connector . Fitting and tube will go into the catch cup inside the box mod and not be seen externally . L fitting would be screwed into the catch cup to make a seal .

Untitled-35jpg.jpg

I've been meaning to get back to you on this, but it was a long end to the week. I like the the first option better, but a drawback is that with the extra parts, even though they are thin, the extra length can't be avoided, so they add to the overall length of the mod. Perhaps a shorter bottle would compensate for this, but then again the mod could be shorter.

The second option you have changed a catch cup into a feed cup and that every time. Juice is intentionally exposed to the exterior of the mod and it isn't a closed system. There is more chance of spilling, leaking or attracting dust or whatever into the juice. Also it won't vape if there is juice in the cup as the airflow won't get through, and there is an extra step in feeding every time. With a catch cup, it is a safety measure and you stand a chance of 'doing it right'. I think most vapers are happier when juice doesn't exit the mod.

You sort of lost me with the mod design options, maybe some drawings? :) One thing that would be nice is getting juice capacity to match battery life pretty closely, not always so easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread