U-Wick and Ribbon Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All:

I am a newbie with a little experience. I started vaping on the the Blue Sticks and then to EGOs and now my APV is a Provari. I use carto tanks, bottom coil tanks, and just recently started vaping on a Z-Atty Pro V2.1. I started with Ceramic wicks on my RSST and I wasn't too impressed with vapor production. I got a little better results on the groved wicks that Zen ships with the Z-Atty. I tried SS 400 for the first time this week running a 1.2 ohm coil on 30 guage and holy wow! That totally kicked up the vapor production.

I want to get more vapor and I have been reading a lot about alternative SS Wick set ups and wanted to get some more info. Hoping you all can help point me in the right direction. I think I am going to have to build a mod myself to get the kind of vapor I am looking for. I have some sketches and ideas for some new radical coils and wicks that I have been testing...but I need more information...

So here I am on this forum and hopefully you all can point me in the right directions!!

Last edited:

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
welcome and congratulations for getting off the stix. I have been using ribbon wire for quite sometime I tried the kanthal ribbon and I also came across a brand of ribbon called Bakero. its from the phillipines and let me tell you the quality of it is so much better than kanthal. Hard to describe but once you have both of them in your possesion you can tell. also what do you mean by new radical coils? ways to wrap your coils?

@ Veezy, thank you for the congrats...I've quit analogs a couple times before over the last 13 years of smoking and I would always find a way to get back through some life event. Now I have found an alternative that is keeping me off and for good. That picture you posted with that plume is crazy awesome. I will check out the bakero sounds interesting!

Radical as I have been doing a ton of research and trials on different coil and wick designs looking at it with my analytical engineer mind. I have been focused on what I am calling the thermalfluid dynamics of vaping. Heating and flow, heating and flow...maximize fluid flow with out tilt and getting the most surface area heated quickly without burning for maximum vapor production. I haven't put much thought into names for my trail designs but I am really digging the "infinity" setup I have going now.

Vaping is new to me and I want to really dig my mind into and see what I can do to get more vapor!

Thank you for your reply!

@ Veezy, thank you for the congrats...I've quit analogs a couple times before over the last 13 years of smoking and I would always find a way to get back through some life event. Now I have found an alternative that is keeping me off and for good. That picture you posted with that plume is crazy awesome. I will check out the bakero sounds interesting!

Radical as I have been doing a ton of research and trials on different coil and wick designs looking at it with my analytical engineer mind. I have been focused on what I am calling the thermalfluid dynamics of vaping. Heating and flow, heating and flow...maximize fluid flow with out tilt and getting the most surface area heated quickly without burning for maximum vapor production. I haven't put much thought into names for my trail designs but I am really digging the "infinity" setup I have going now.

Vaping is new to me and I want to really dig my mind into and see what I can do to get more vapor!

Thank you for your reply!

heysteve

Verified Member
welcome and congratulations for getting off the stix. I have been using ribbon wire for quite sometime I tried the kanthal ribbon and I also came across a brand of ribbon called Bakero. its from the phillipines and let me tell you the quality of it is so much better than kanthal. Hard to describe but once you have both of them in your possesion you can tell. also what do you mean by new radical coils? ways to wrap your coils?

i just ordered a roll of a-1 kanthal ribbon wire from kidneypuncher but ive been trying to find that thin bakero wire in the states. do you have an online retailer that you ordered it from?

Veezy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
California
hmm not sure about online but the link rxguti2 posted is a great place to get any type of Philippine mods and accessories (THEY TAKE THEIR VAPING SERIOUS!) but I know a distributor out here in california but hes always sold out due to the fact that he strictly sells to vape shops only. ill ask him which ones for you guys. And i see you're a fellow Falcon @Heysteve haha!

hmm not sure about online but the link rxguti2 posted is a great place to get any type of Philippine mods and accessories (THEY TAKE THEIR VAPING SERIOUS!) but I know a distributor out here in california but hes always sold out due to the fact that he strictly sells to vape shops only. ill ask him which ones for you guys. And i see you're a fellow Falcon @Heysteve haha!

I am really trying to get more of an extreme vape I spent all weekend tinkering with different wicks/coils. I am going to have to load some pictures and videos. Hope you all had a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread