Ugh, lungs hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hey vivictus, glad to hear you're kind of figuring out what the problem may be. I never had much luck with Boge cartos, either.

You may want to consider going to 100% VG. It's hard to distinguish between an allergy and a sensitivity at the onset of symptoms (and they are slightly different things), but if it's an allergy, it can become cumulatively worse over time. So just in case, going all-VG certainly couldn't hurt.

Go with stronger flavors to get back the throat hit, if you find it lacking in all-VG juice.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
ok, well the internet went down and I had a long response, but I am going to rehash quickly instead. ;)

I am going to try the new carts with the old juice. I am going to try the old carts with the new juice. This will help me determine where the issues lies I think. Wherever the issue lies, I will contact that company and see what can be done. If it's the juice, I am thinking perhaps it might be an issue that they had a massive sale happening and maybe quality control wasn't where it should have been in order to get orders out quickly. I am not bad mouthing anyone here! I am just stating an opinion of what "may" have happened. Either way I hope to determine the issues soon and resolve whatever needs to be resolved quickly so I don't have to take time off work due to pain.

Thank you all for your support and all your help with my journey so far.

And as a side note, I haven't had an analog today. Ignore my sig counter since I have been smoking a few analogs each night. I just figure it's "close" to accurate until I kick it completely. Anyway, since I went back to my old cartos and my old juice from FSUSA I suddenly lost the craving for an analog. I want to keep this feeling over that of pain and cravings.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Ok, so I just filled a brand new Boge 510 carto with my old juice from FSUSA and it is NOt delivering anywhere near what this juice gives in the Joye 510 cartos. the Joye 510 cartos seem to burn MUCH quicker and with much more intensity and offer a much higher quality TH and vapor. This sucks because filling the Boge cartos was so much easier. For now I think I need to stick with the Joye cartos even though they are a PITA to fill. I will try some ceramic ones soon though I think.

Tomorrow I will try the GV juices in a Joye 510 carto and see what's up. Perhaps the combination of not getting the Nic (bad TH on the Boge) and juices from GV may be an issue. I am not trying to bad mouth here. I am just trying to find out what the issue is. And so far it really comes down to either the Boge 510 cartos (doubtful) and the new juice from GV. The Boge carto's are performing just the same with my old juice from FSUSA (i.e. poorly). So, tomorrow lets see how the GV juice works with the Joye 510 carto's that have been used, tried and true.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Hi vivictus, I hate to throw a wrench into you experimenting, but it may have nothing to do with the juice. I had the same symptoms about 10 days ago, sore shoulders, pain in chest, headache, heartburn and gas. I even found that when I would go outside to walk my dog that it would get worse (it's getting chilly here in the mid-west). I too was worried that it might have to do with my vaping, but I wasn't doing anything differently. I have been smoke free for almost 11 months. The pain was pretty uncomfortable for a few days and I did cut back on my vaping some. The symptoms passed and what followed has been a chest cold.

I'm not sure what to make of this. It is not uncommon for me to get a chest cold when the seasons change, but to have it come on, the way that it did, with these kinds of symptoms, makes me wonder if there is a connection to the vaping. Don't know, but I would love any input.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Hi vivictus, I hate to throw a wrench into you experimenting, but it may have nothing to do with the juice. I had the same symptoms about 10 days ago, sore shoulders, pain in chest, headache, heartburn and gas. I even found that when I would go outside to walk my dog that it would get worse (it's getting chilly here in the mid-west). I too was worried that it might have to do with my vaping, but I wasn't doing anything differently. I have been smoke free for almost 11 months. The pain was pretty uncomfortable for a few days and I did cut back on my vaping some. The symptoms passed and what followed has been a chest cold.

I'm not sure what to make of this. It is not uncommon for me to get a chest cold when the seasons change, but to have it come on, the way that it did, with these kinds of symptoms, makes me wonder if there is a connection to the vaping. Don't know, but I would love any input.

It's not truly pain in my chest as just an uncomfortable feeling when I take a deep breath, and my shoulder is barely sore with short breaths, but when taking a deep breath, it's a massive, sharp pain. I have had pleurisy on the right side of my body many times, and a collapsed lung once, which is the reason I get pleurisy in the right now once in a while. Last month it was the worst pain I was ever in and lasted about a week. This time however it's on my left side. The shoulder pain really sucks, but it's all nowhere near as bad as what I experienced last month.

Just got the call this morning that the paperwork has been filed to see the pulmonologist, but that could take another week or two, at which point I will be getting two biopsies done (I would hope!) for a small lump in both my left and right lungs. According to the CT scan, my pleurisy was cause last month by the nodule on the right side scraping against the chest wall. I am guessing, since this has never happened on my left side before, that the nodule on the left side is acting up in a similar way this time.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Man after reading this thread im going to see a doctor. My lungs hurt way bad and I vape 100% VG.

that is always recommended if you have pain, go see your doctor. However, I know this pain very well, as I've had it before, just not as extreme as its been in the last month or so. I haven't had a smoke in about two days now and I am noticing my pain is subsiding a little bit. I am now thinking that perhaps vaping might be leading to a little bit of the heavy breathing since I am vaping much more now that I have basically quit smoking, but since I was using 1-3 analogs a night I am thinking that my newly healing lungs are fighting back from the tobacco. So, I am going strong and at about 48 hours analog free and my pains seem to be lessening a bit. Good news is I got a call this morning (finally) that my referral to a pulmonologist was approved and now I just need to wait and hear from their office on an appointment which should be 1-2 weeks to get a biopsy done.

I look at it this way, whatever I have either needs to kill me fast or be quickly treatable. I refuse to be one of those people who just waste away with cancer if that is the case. It's doubtful, but obviously something very much on my mind. If it comes down to it, I go out on my own terms, be it driving into a tornado or pimp-slapping a grizzly bear. I thought about wrestling an octopus, but I don't want to drown. Yes, manly ways to die if you have to choose how you will go out. ;)

I am a very new member to this forum and this is my my post. I am very much interested in reviews and all kinds of stuffs related to cigarettes and e cigarettes because I am a chain smoker and I am trying to quit smoking. People suggest a lot of things but till now I am not convinced. So please if anyone can help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread