The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

UK base liquid import tax?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Az0taz, Feb 16, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Az0taz

Az0taz New Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Hi all,
    I wasn't really able to find definite info (plus the not all laws make sense since I moved here a couple months ago as a student).
    So here's my question: I fancy buying (and stocking up because of the new laws) some base liquid from Avoria in Germany. I'm thinking between 2 and 4 liters. I vape 3mg, so if I buy 2/4l then I'd buy 0 mg and 6mg, and if I buy 3l, then I'd go with 2x 0mg and 9mg.

The prices incl. shipping would be:
    2l - £31
    3l - £40
    4l - £55

They ship with DHL. Would I be facing any taxes, vat, handling fees etc?

Thanks!

2. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    4 liters is alot of juice.... how much do you vape per day, and how long do you plan to be in the UK?

extra fees depends on what the liquid is actually stated to be on the customs form.... some people get it shipped as linseed oil... ;)

3. Az0taz

Az0taz New Member

Feb 16, 2016
    I go trough 10mil give or take and I'm stuck here for another 2.5 years at the very least. I intended to buy 2 liters, but 3 or 4 are a steal!

I don't expect Germans (especially a gianormous brand like Avoria) to play games, such as false-declaring:sleep:.

And it wouldn't be fun to save on juice, but go bust on taxes..

4. Big Me

Big Me Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2014
    England
    Both the UK and Germany are members of the European Economic Area which allows free trade between member states. There, to my knowledge, shouldn't be any duty due.

Though, the question I have is, why buy 4 litres of 6mg (24,000mg) for £55 from Germany when you can buy 500ml of 72mg (36,000mg) from the UK for £31 including delivery?

Also it's really easy to buy litres of Pharma grade VG and PG in the UK. I buy mine for under £7/litre from Classikool via Amazon.

5. Rizzyking

Rizzyking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

As big said makes more sense to get the 72mg locally then buying 3mg from Germany

• Like Like x 1
  6. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
  7. Layzee Vaper

Layzee Vaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2015
  8. Rizzyking

Rizzyking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Or if you want a one stop shop for all things diy liquid try here thee-cigshop.co.uk has everything you need in one place and decent prices has taken a lot of hassle out of diy for me being able to get everything I need in one order.

9. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

:shock:
    So glad I have US Sourcing.
    My last stock purchase, I found 100mg/ml(10%) on sale and picked up 4liters for $100u.s. - $25/liter w/free shipping:thumb:

You all are already getting hammered on pricing.:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.