ULRA - UltraLowResistanceAtomizer - Final proto vidéo - 1,5ml/7min

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
last posting of list that i have seen was feb 21. had 11 persons on 2nd list. did not see your name at that time jimho. I was the only person from usa at that time. feeling lonely, could have a little more involvement from this side of the world. the second list has some requesting assitance in programming and soldering. good luck to all
I added this past weekend. Fell behind on the original thread and didn't even realize the sign up was going on on a separate thread. Given the translators are painful to use, if anyone is tracking closely what's going on over there, please feel free to update us here. I'll do my best to do the same. Some more involvement on their forum would be a good thing as they clearly have critical mass in europe and have their hands full - I don't see them making it a priority to come over here and advertise.

Snowball

Dec 1, 2010
Portugal
Hey jimho..

Any chance you could give us a link for that other thread with the list? Just to save some time.. :)

In any case, the one thing I'd like to know is whether this DIY kit pre-order list includes all the parts for the mod (aluminum, plexi/acrylic, etc) and is for building the actual modULRA -- ie, the mod whose "shell" we've seen so many times but with the actual "Ultra Low Resistance Atomizer". I ask because Pailpoe had been experimenting for a while with a Genesis atomizer and even presented a diferent atomizer design (not really an ULRA, not a Genesis, something in between that was unnamed at the time) some time ago. Which is to say: do you have any idea whether he plans on going forward with his ULRA design for the mod or if he's decided to go with something else?

The idea of an atomizer that doesn't degrade with time, would last for years and, having built it from a DIY kit, that you can replace as needed further down the line is very appealing to me.

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
Hey jimho..

Any chance you could give us a link for that other thread with the list? Just to save some time.. :)

In any case, the one thing I'd like to know is whether this DIY kit pre-order list includes all the parts for the mod (aluminum, plexi/acrylic, etc) and is for building the actual modULRA -- ie, the mod whose "shell" we've seen so many times but with the actual "Ultra Low Resistance Atomizer". I ask because Pailpoe had been experimenting for a while with a Genesis atomizer and even presented a diferent atomizer design (not really an ULRA, not a Genesis, something in between that was unnamed at the time) some time ago. Which is to say: do you have any idea whether he plans on going forward with his ULRA design for the mod or if he's decided to go with something else?

The idea of an atomizer that doesn't degrade with time, would last for years and, having built it from a DIY kit, that you can replace as needed further down the line is very appealing to me.

It's kind of confusing (in other words, I'm not sure) but if I read it correctly, you can go either way with the set up he has now.... if you come to a different conclusion, lmk.....

ADD: the spec is listed here: http://www.forum-ecigarette.com/e-b...r-des-charges-mod-ulra-by-pailpoe-t18884.html

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
looks beautiful...so the question is with all the stuff he posted...is his design open source? Is he going to produce more...I cant get google translate to view the french forum w/o it going nuts trying to figure things out...so I'm left wondering is the thread dead or is he going to make more or are we on our own?

i did a half way test to see was it all that just putting power to a piece of screen from a filter and it was spetacular...
( wont dare vape it) so I still wonder Is there more ? or did he just say here look make it yourself if you want...I'm done?

I'm so confused?:confused::blink:

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
looks beautiful...so the question is with all the stuff he posted...is his design open source? Is he going to produce more...I cant get google translate to view the french forum w/o it going nuts trying to figure things out...so I'm left wondering is the thread dead or is he going to make more or are we on our own?

i did a half way test to see was it all that just putting power to a piece of screen from a filter and it was spetacular...
( wont dare vape it) so I still wonder Is there more ? or did he just say here look make it yourself if you want...I'm done?

I'm so confused?:confused::blink:

My understanding is the first list of 50 is already full, there's a spill over list that may or may not happen.

rielevilnside

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Renton Washington
2012-02-17_02-08-08_522.jpg
the finished product! thick billet for heat sink. This build was 100% from scratch and took a ton of hunting to find all the parts. with that said after all the hard work I found myself having issues with getting my wick and coil just right. even spacing and good oxidizing on the wick and after assembled wet burning again to build a good insulator. Now I am wondering if my positive post is too high or if my wick hole is too small because I am getting only barely 1 coil to light or just the arc between the wick and the post to glow. I am really new but what did I do wrong?

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Rielev, it is too hard to see inside, but you have a rather large combustion chamber there, how far does the kanthal have to go from the positive post to the wick? This length should be kept short as it is dry and creates a hot spot. You can bend the wick closer to this post while tightening the positive connection.

Also, if it one coil glows, the spot where it stops glowing is where it is shorting to the mesh. On closer inspection you can often see a spark at this point. Moving the coil up and down at this spot with, say a toothpick, can make it stop.

Insulating the wick with heatshrink tubing isn't needed if the wick is properly oxidized.

Have you got some closeups of inside the chamber perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread