**ULTIMATE DREAM MOD, becoming reality. . . What's important to you, the requirements for your greatest mod ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I build mods. I can pretty much build anything, not becuase I'm awesome, I have the equipment, and I like to do it. I realize that a lot of things get priced out of existance but I'm super interested in knowing everyone's input. No holds barred, what makes A mod, THE mod. I've never spared any expenses building my bottom feeders, I'm not going to start now. When it comes to high preformance, high end, what type of setup and what features are you looking for, what would you like to see and what don't you want to see?mIf you could build any type, feature, etc into a mod what would you like to see? I'd love to hear from everyone, sky's the limit!

Last edited:
Reactions: keepsmiling

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I would have to say that is the most frequest request for me. I get that a lot. Personally Ihave had a number of bad DNA40 boards...haven't we all...half of mine were bad. . .besides that IMO they are outdated by now and underpowered. I am interested in the SX350j board. Beside the power, the ability to upgrade is something I realy like.

Now If you had a regulated squonker would you be good with that board and a single 18650 ? that is gonna max out at 60w.
If you want to get 120w out of that board you need to run dual 18560's...that makes for a mod that is getting pretty big. Is the power\regulation worth the size? Just fyi, that board is 16.5mm thick, an 18650 battery is 18mm thick. so adding that board is equal to adding another 18650....worth it?

Please dont think I'm against any of the ideas, I really want to know what everyone thinks!

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Here's the bottom half of my 18650/10ml feeder, I could make it a little tighter, but I make it as small as i can and keep a 22mm atty from hanging over. To add a chip is basically adding another piece as big as a battery to the puzzle.
d683cf838469642d58222567057e41c8.jpg

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
I would have to say that is the most frequest request for me. I get that a lot. Personally Ihave had a number of bad DNA40 boards...haven't we all...half of mine were bad. . .besides that IMO they are outdated by now and underpowered. I am interested in the SX350j board. Beside the power, the ability to upgrade is something I realy like.

Now If you had a regulated squonker would you be good with that board and a single 18650 ? that is gonna max out at 60w.
If you want to get 120w out of that board you need to run dual 18560's...that makes for a mod that is getting pretty big. Is the power\regulation worth the size? Just fyi, that board is 16.5mm thick, an 18650 battery is 18mm thick. so adding that board is equal to adding another 18650....worth it?

Please dont think I'm against any of the ideas, I really want to know what everyone thinks!

Options are always a good choice! I know a large mod could be uncomfortable for people with smaller hands. It's really just the best option to give people the option to choose whether they want 1 battery or 2. I don't know how well a dual battery sled would work in 26650 mods would work with the mods you make and using 18650 sleds. In my opinion as well, the DNA40 board is one of the most sought after boards. YIHI does make some awesome quality boards and there chips are just as good (if not better) than the DNA boards. You'll really need more opinions on this subject than just me as I don't have one of your mods but I do envy then and I want your business to do well and I want to help with it doing better!

Last edited:

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
So can there be a squonker with the SX350J or a similar chip ( I'm not really that sold on temp seems still too fiddly and not entirely ready) in it to run up to 60w with one 18650 battery and be a reasonable size ?

With the firing button on the edge- not the top or the wider sides - its a rectangle or rectangularish shape , away from the 510 connection.
The display on the same edge side as the fire button.
Magnets on the doors to access battery and tank , or a screw cap with a big groove you can open with your nail , though not entirely necessary.
Tank size I don't know ,,, 5ml at least ,, perhaps.
I do like the sound of the modes on that SX350J chip - the soft-standard-powerful , don't know if only that chip has that or not.
Oh need some buttons for changing the watts , they can be on the same edge side as the fire button and display.
Material , well I don't know what feasible , so would look at what is then decide.

jeffreyace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
minnesota
A regulated dual 18650 bottom feeder would interest if the price is reasonable. Would definently need to be side fire button. I got man hands though as I liked the feel of my old sigelei 100watt. Mech mods are only good (imo) for extreme cloud chasing, or above 1ohm vaping, as the battery life diminishes pretty quick for me around .3 ohms. When I used the sigelei at 60 to 80 watts I could get about s full day before having to change the battery.

Loopy1224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Brick, New Jersey
I have a few mech bottom feeders now including my favorite black Tmod. I've been wanting to give a regulated squonker a try but the picking are pretty slim at this point. A couple of Chinese offerings that I really don't trust, the Vapor Flask which was designed as a regular dripper and converted to a bottom feeder and the Sunbox which is really hard to get a hold of.

Given my experience with the Tmod I am holding out for whatever the heck you come up with. I am totally non-technical (accountant here) and I'm not sure this is even possible but here are some thoughts......

1. I build between .3 and .6 ohms so 60 watts would be plenty for me and should make a single battery viable.
2. A 26650 battery would probably last me all day vaping 10 - 15 ml. I would be ok to carry around a spare 26650 just in case.
3. I love the 10 ML bottle in the Tmod so no reason to change that.
4. If the board could be mounted along the top or bottom of the mod it would still only be as wide as the batter and juice bottle - just a little taller. Not a problem for me.
5. The diagonally placed button I that last pic is awesome - I would make that standard.
6. Given the all the issues with the DNA board the sx3350j would be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread