Unflavoured juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Ive been vaping unflavoured for the last 5-6months and occasionally trying flavours every once in a while.
I stopped vaping flavours because I was going through a process of elimination to find out what was giving me rashes on my face and blowing out my sinus's.
It was mainly PG but even some flavours in VG only still gave me a slight redness on the forehead and around the mouth and nose.
Recently found some flavoured VG only vape juice from a local company that I can actually vape with out a skin or sinus reaction. They are quite tasty, nice, very "vape juicy" tasting.
After three days I was emptying my tanks and filling up with unflavoured and enjoying my vape again.
Turns out, after all this searching for flavours I can vape, I prefer unflavoured.

Just got me wondering about other people who use unflavoured, is it because you prefer it or, why?

The other thing about vaping only flavourless is you really only need one tank and mod and you are set to go, I have two mods and tanks in the post on the way, Monday delivery. Im sitting here happily puffing away flavourless and with the gear I have trying to figure out why I bought them :D

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Ive been vaping unflavoured for the last 5-6months and occasionally trying flavours every once in a while.
I stopped vaping flavours because I was going through a process of elimination to find out what was giving me rashes on my face and blowing out my sinus's.
It was mainly PG but even some flavours in VG only still gave me a slight redness on the forehead and around the mouth and nose.
Recently found some flavoured VG only vape juice from a local company that I can actually vape with out a skin or sinus reaction. They are quite tasty, nice, very "vape juicy" tasting.
After three days I was emptying my tanks and filling up with unflavoured and enjoying my vape again.
Turns out, after all this searching for flavours I can vape, I prefer unflavoured.

Just got me wondering about other people who use unflavoured, is it because you prefer it or, why?

The other thing about vaping only flavourless is you really only need one tank and mod and you are set to go, I have two mods and tanks in the post on the way, Monday delivery. Im sitting here happily puffing away flavourless and with the gear I have trying to figure out why I bought them :D
prefer unflavored.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Me too! I mainly do DIY now and I have to stick with 90%VG and 10%DW (distilled water) that includes the flavor concentrate it must be 100% VG or it stays unflavored. If I use PG my sinuses get congested and weird rashes start up. No PG and I seem to do fine!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The other thing about vaping only flavourless is you really only need one tank and mod and you are set to go, I have two mods and tanks in the post on the way, Monday delivery. Im sitting here happily puffing away flavourless and with the gear I have trying to figure out why I bought them

IMO, whether you vape unflavored or flavored eliquids...you still always need to have back-ups handy. I bet in the future, you'll be very glad you have those additional mods and tanks onhand when they're unexpectedly needed. :thumbs:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Almost the same story but I wasn't allergic to anything, I just didn't like the perfumy or the alcohol back taste of the ones that I bought. A few years later I bought a small bottle and it took me over a year to get thru half of it. Tasted great but just not necessary maybe.
    You can mix things up tho with changing suppliers. I got some once with a great nutty back flavor. Went great with a cuppa coffee.
    You're right in mentioning that it changes up how you buy equipment makes the vaping life pretty simple. Not good if you choose vaping as a hobby tho, lol.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
    Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Buying flavoured liquid was a bit of a gamble - now and again one would work, but many were a bit... 'meh'. An article pointing out improvements in coil life sealed the deal. Nowadays, I go for throat hit & nic, so PG wins out. A molecule or two of tobacco liquid is tolerated occasionally.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I use mainly Un-Flavored.

What I do a lot is to Prime a New Wick with a Flavored e-Liquid. I call it a "Flavored Wick". Then run the RTA Tank or Squonk Bottle with Un-Flavored.

In fact, None of my Squonk Bottles have ever had a Flavored e-Liquid in them. Same with some of my RTA's.

It blows my Mind how much Flavor I get, and How Long the Flavor will Last by just Priming the wick with a Flavored e-Liquid. And my Coils/Wicks last Significantly Longer compared to using Regular Flavored e-Liquids.

I didn't really have a PG issue as long as the Total PG was less than about 30%. I just Burned Out on Vaping Heavily Flavored/Sweetened e-Liquids.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I use far more unflavored than anything else. In part it's because flavorings are the biggest "unknown" when it comes to vaping, but there are other reasons as well, such as the improved wick and coil life, and the lack of "flavor fatigue" that sets in if one vapes heavily flavored juices for any length of time.

FWIW, I do not have a problem with PG. I use 35% PG and 65% VG in my unflavored mix.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Only unflavored. It confuses me why people do like synthetic pseudoflavors? The same with coffee - only black, no sugar, no nothing. The same with ribs - it's a shame to ruin them with some dumb BBQ souce.
    OK, sometimes I like a flavored juice, means bourbon flavored one. 50% VP, 42% PG, 8% bourbon, at least 100 proof.

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yep, unflavored for quite a few years now. Unfortunately, I spent $1000's on importing flavored juice to find the 'one' lol. Like to have good quality nicotine and PG VG now though, you can tell the difference easily. Only takes a few minutes to make up DIY juice as well and someone mentioned coil life, I get about a month out of my coils.

Last edited:

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    IL, Duh
    I'm gonna put my spin on this. I use unflavored exclusively at present.
    Not because of an allergy, but because I am unable to taste any flavored juice at present. It is a very economical choice, as well:D
    If my taste ever comes back, even the harsh, crappy flavors will be a joy!
    Count your blessings, vapers.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    I mainly vape unflavoured 60%pg/40%vg as I find most store bought juices are way over flavoured.I will at times put a drop or two of flavoured juice in an atty that's filled with unflavoured when things seem boring.I find that wicks last a week and coils last a few months when going light on flavours.

Zipslack

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 26, 2013
    Wesson, MS, USA
    I've been doing 50/50 DIY unflavored for a couple of years. I'll occasionally mix some flavored just for a change. Pre-mixed juices are usually way too strong on flavorings. It's also nice not to re-coil/wick but once a month.

One pet peeve of mine is when somebody on Youtube demonstrates a new coil or wick setup and then vapes somes over-powered juice while talking about how "clean" it tastes. If you really want to know what your coil & wick tastes like, use unflavored.

Unflavored -- the ejuice with the most sophisticated flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread