Unique builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus Eades

Jul 9, 2018
So I've been playing around with a few different things to try and find a good looking build that I haven't seen before and am pretty much looking for ideas, so what are some unique builds you guys have seen, one of the builds I've done already it like a twisted fused Clapton, 2 26g Kanthal twisted cores fused with a 38g ss316l. The stainless gives it a nice shine and the dual (twisted in opposite directions) twisted cores give it a different look imo.
IMG_20180709_163903846.jpg
IMG_20180709_163903846.jpg

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
One of my favorite builds right now is .9mmx.3mm nichrome80 rectangle wire claptoned with 36g ss316L. It fires instantly, great flavor and big clouds. I'll post some pictures this weekend.
Definitely something to try.

I'm glad you introduced me to this wire in another thread. I'm running this in all of my squonk RDAs currently. I've been using 7 wraps, 3mm which comes out to about 0.4ohm. Heats very fast as you mention and produces a lot of vapor for lower wattages.

I picked up a spool of the 316L rectangle wire as well. Ohms out too low for dual coils, but I can use it for my single coil builds still. Figure it should be good wire for TC when I get to playing with it.

I'll be picking up another spool of the Ni80 next time I order from them. I've actually been preferring this to more exotic wires.

Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I'm glad you introduced me to this wire in another thread. I'm running this in all of my squonk RDAs currently. I've been using 7 wraps, 3mm which comes out to about 0.4ohm. Heats very fast as you mention and produces a lot of vapor for lower wattages.

I picked up a spool of the 316L rectangle wire as well. Ohms out too low for dual coils, but I can use it for my single coil builds still. Figure it should be good wire for TC when I get to playing with it.

I'll be picking up another spool of the Ni80 next time I order from them. I've actually been preferring this to more exotic wires.
I'm glad you like it as much as I do. I need to get some more soon. I've been giving some coils away for a few people to try. I haven't had any bad responses yet.

Angus Eades

Jul 9, 2018
And here I am with Ni80 duals. Not even twisted XD Some people have more patience than others I guess.
it's super easy to build some nice coils and definitely worth it, its become a major hobby of mine experimenting with all different builds and seeing what works and working on my skills. give it a try even if you stop at a simple fused clapton and you can't go wrong

Angus Eades

Jul 9, 2018
It looks neat and nicely coiled, LOL I wish ANY of my coils (simple round wire) looked that nice. Do post pics mounted and how it vapes, it's really nicely done.

Anna
well you should give building other coils a shot, its really not hard and there are plenty of guides on youtube! and i shall!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Very nice. But I know my limits, man I have a fine motor tremor I am just happy some days I can build coils. If I want exotics, well, I buy them etc.. :)

Looks great mounted too.

Anna
Anna let me say if you pick up an avidartisan daedalus coiling kit you can easily make your own clapton coils. I used to make my own claptons by hand until I got the daedalus. Now it's easy. Set it and let it go. There is a little bit of a learning curve to it but once you got it down it's great. I also use a coiling jig for making the coils up. I have arthritis i and I know what you're going through. It's simple enough for me to say if I can do it I'm sure you can too.

• Love

XRec C

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2017
Florida
Don, forgive me if I'm a lil behind on this subject. I haven't been on here in a few months. I do remember the thread when u first mentioned rectangle wire tho. Anyway my question is given the size you gave back to the thread can I assume that it would be similar yo a stack of 9- 0.3mm flat wires? Are there advantages or disadvantages over a stack of flats in the way it vapes?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C

Hmm I have been using .8 x .3 ss since don brought it to my attention.
Single 3mm ,6 wrap spaced is like .24.
Dual about .12.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hmm I have been using .8 x .3 ss since don brought it to my attention.
Single 3mm ,6 wrap spaced is like .24.
Dual about .12.
Good wire for sure. I've turned a few friends on to it as well.

I've been using the Ni80 currently, comes out to about 0.4ohm on 3mm, 7 wrap.

I know that the SS316 is still in a usable range for dual coils, I just prefer not to build that low. I vape mostly single coilers anyways. Figure the SS316 wire will come in handy if I decide to try temp control.

I usually prefer to be in the 0.3-0.4ohm range. Meant to say the SS ohms out too low for ME in a dual coil setup. I prefer not having to bump the wattage too high, having a build barely in the range of the mod, etc. With the Ni80 and the surface area of this wire, it throws off a lot of vapor at low wattages still. Running a single Ni80 coil at 30w is plenty of vapor production for me. Personally, I've never seen the point in building that low on a regulated device.

I honestly can't taste the difference between Ni80 and SS316, so it comes down to resistance for me. Or whether or not I want to play with TC or Replay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread