Travel and Vaping United Airlines to the Middle East...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Work calls again and unfortunatelly I need to position to Kuwait. So Im hitching a ride as a passenger on United Airlines to Kuwait on Monday. Im planning on bringing a slew of liquid and parts for my 801 and 901's.

As crew I dont have any restrictions to liquids going through security, so no concerns there.

However once onboard, Im going to have quite a long time to talk to the United flight attendants regarding what they know about vaping and what their experiences have been.

I will be sure to report back as soon as I land and get settled. (Sometime on Tuesday late morning)

Safe travels!

Last edited:

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
I flew out of Newark to Orlando, Florida a few weeks ago. I was afraid to put any of my stash in my checked luggage, in case they lost it (something they have been know to do). I was really worried about it. In my carryon, I had a plastic container loaded with batteries, carts, atomizers, chargers and passthrus. I had 4 - 30ml bottles of liquid in my zip lock bag along with my toiletries. I went thru security and no one batted an eye! No problem coming back either. I did not vape on the plane or in the airport. I did not want to awaken the beasts.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
You know it PT! I love that flight, its ALWAYS half empty. Actually a lot of times I dont even bother to upgrade as I can usually get a row of 5 seats to myself for that 14 hour IAD-KWI leg. :D

Spoken like a true non-rev pro!:D
I just can't handle the food in Y on U/A, in C its barely tolerable but the wines are usually drinkable!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
You know it PT! I love that flight, its ALWAYS half empty. Actually a lot of times I dont even bother to upgrade as I can usually get a row of 5 seats to myself for that 14 hour IAD-KWI leg. :D

We'll need a full report when you return.

Be careful & fly safe.
Cheers;
jd

Well.... It was an interesting flight to say the least! Flight was PACKED and I chosee not to upgrade.... DOH! Oh well, I survived.

I got a chance to chat with the United Flight Attendants in the back galley. When asked if they had heard anything about electronic cigarettes, they said "What????" I started explaining and the F/a's went and got their purser... she listened to my spiel while shaking her head no.... I gave her a demonstration and she FREAKED!

Started going on about how if its producinng "Smoke" then there had to be a chemical reaction and she will not have them allowed on HER plane. I got somewhat agitated, but of course never showed one ounce of agitation. I just kept cool, gave her all the verbal and printed info I had with me, and stealth vaped in my seeat for the remaining 13 hours.... lol

I was hoping for a better outcome, but I have to say she was pretty oldschool. The good news is that there has been NO company memos regarding the use of ecigs onboard the aircraft at United. As well as due to the chain of command in the air, its not HER plane but the captains... He was a cool guy and took a drag off my cig and thought it was awesome.

So.... Plus 1 for us
Plus 1 for them.

We will see how my return flight home goes in a few weeks!

I did however vape openly in the United terminal at Chicago Ohare International Airport with no ill effects... a lot of curious questions and Ooooohs and Ahhhhhs. :)

So Im beat need to get off here as the internet charges are $33 US Dollars for 60 minutes..... YIKES!

Safe Travels...

FOR SURE! Gotta love the Sky Cows! The First Class FWD Purser I swear HAD to be pushing 80 years old. When it came time to close up, she didnt have the strength to close her L1 Door... Tried, and then had a Junior come close it for her. I was shocked! Thank god for pneumatic power assist in the event of an emergency!!!!

Fortunatelly, My Airline is dominated by the younger crowd. Mainly 21-40. Those UA gals could never handle the schedules we pull!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread