Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Univapo Unix Starter Kit

After making itself known with the Zumix Pod Kit and the mod Pod Unico, the manufacturer Univapo has included a new product in its catalog.

Enjoy the reading.

The packaging of the Univapo Unix Starter Kit shows on the front a relief image of the new device, its name and the brand logo.
    On the back we find; the content, social icons and the usual logos&marks.

1.jpg

The brand and the place of production are indicated on the side, along with the QR-Code, a label containing a bar code and an indication on the color of the device.

2.jpg

Package contents:
    1 * Unix-C Battery
    1 * Clearomizer
    1 * Magnetic Cap
    1 * Coil 1.3Ω (9-16W)
    1 * Coil 1.6Ω (7-12W)
    1 * USB Type-C Cable
    1 * User Manual

3.jpg

Technical features:
    Battery size: 77.2x23.5x18.2mm
    Atomizer size: Ф16X57.3mm
    Capacity: 2.0ml
    Display: 0.54 inch OLED screen
    Output power: 5-16W.
    Output voltage: 2.2-5.0V
    Charging voltage: 5V-1A
    Battery: 1000mAh built-in
    Resistors available 1.2-1.3-1.6Ω
    Charging Interface: USB Type-C

4.jpg

5.jpg

Univapo Unix Starter Kit, First Impressions:
    When the package arrived from DHL I immediately opened it, the surprise was pleasant when I saw that it included 3 Unix kits printed with my name, a t-shirt and several replacement coils (thanks Univapo).

Taking the kit in hand, I immediately appreciated the simple and elegant design, almost minimal, its extreme lightness and in general its compact and ergonomic design.
    So the first thing I thought was ... If it works well in MTL this Kit will be very interesting for those who want to quit smoking and could be as successful as the Vaptio Cosmo.

6.jpg

Entirely made of light aluminum alloy, the Univapo starter kit has both side panels bare and smooth to the touch, in one of these the writing "Unix Univapo" is shown while on the other (on the occasion of this Test) my name ... Thanks Univapo I appreciated your kind thought.

7.jpg

The control panel houses an intelligent multifunctional "wheel" with the fire button in the center (on it), the underlying OLED display is monochromatic, fairly bright and easily legible.

8.jpg

Atomizers up to 18mm in diameter (without protrusion) can be screwed into the upper part of the Unix. The contact pin is fixed, however this does not cause any problems, I have also tested other atomizers with coils equal to or greater than 1Ω and they work regularly.

On the bottom is the Usb-C charging port that doubles as a vent for the built-in 1,000mAh battery.

9.jpg

Tank Univapo Ф16mm:

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The tank essentially consists of seven pieces:
    - Magnetic protective cap, this is a very useful accessory, the magnets are a little weak, however it does its job well.
    - Drip-Tip built in plastic material and equipped with a sealing o-ring, I like its shape a lot and it is the one I prefer to use on my MTL devices.
    - Top-Cap "All in One Button" it is an advanced rotating top trimming system, equipped with a child safety seal, simple and ingenious.
    - Camino, it is actually the supporting structure of this atomizer, it contains the coil, at the top it screws to the top-cap, at the bottom it screws to the Deck.
    - Pyrex glass with 2.0ml capacity
    - Base, houses the coils, its rotating ring has two partializable slots, the pin on the bottom is slightly protruding.
    - Coil, included in the kit there are a 1.3Ω (9-16W) and a 1.6Ω (7-12W).

11.jpg

The image below shows the AFC adjustment and fill operations. Actually this image is about the double child protection version (not the one in this test).

In the version of this test, both operations are simple and immediate, the refill in particular is something extraordinarily quick, just rotate the cap, fill through the membrane and close. Once again I congratulate Univapo.

12.jpg

Coil:
    Before arriving at the final choice (cited by Univapo), the engineers carried out over 10,000 flavor tests with different materials.
    Among the Coils available for Unix, the only one that I have not received is the 1.2Ω Mesh, a little sorry because if I have to vape in MTL I almost always prefer a slightly pushed delivery and in my imagination I think that the Mesh-coil could do for me.

The Unix coils can be purchased in blisters of five pieces.

13.jpg

14.jpg

- Vaping test Coil 1.6Ω (7-12W) by default this coil is activated at 10W, with this configuration I did not expect such a boost is really surprising such a supply at only 10W! Completely closing the AFC the puff is very contrasted, to use a term of comparison it looks like a Nautilus Mini with the first hole selected. The air ring must logically be opened (slightly) to enjoy a more consistent steam delivery with less "Hit".
    The aromatic release is completely comparable to the more established clearomizers, the liquid supply is rich and constant, I found a very pleasant yield with some synthetic tobaccos such as Dea Mexico or Double RY4 from TPA.

- Vaping test Coil 1.3Ω (9-16W) by default this coil is activated at 12W, the push characteristics are similar to the previous one (notable).
    However, I found a substantial increase in steam, the hit was always marked and present, liquid supply is correct. Since this is a kit intended to be used in MTL, the adjustment of the AFC must be done more or less like on the 1.6 (rather closed). The 1.3Ω coil at the moment is my favorite, the aromatic spectrum seems even wider than the previous one.

A consideration arises spontaneously ... As this kit is intended for MTL vaping, probably Univapo would have made a further improvement by using calibrated holes in the AFC instead of two slits, however this solution does not affect its operation but only requires a bit of effort plus to be properly adjusted for a tight shot.

15.jpg

Unix Starter Kit exploded view:

16.jpg

How the unix Starter Kit works:
    The 0.54-inch OLED screen reports; the graphic indicator of residual charge, the watts being dispensed, the volts being dispensed, the duration of the last puff.

Through the multifunctional wheel and the Fire key incorporated in it, it is possible to manage Unix in all its functions.

- To turn on / off the mod you need to make five clicks on the Fire button.
    - To lock / unlock the wattage you need to make three clicks on the Fire button.
    - With the mod unlocked we can adjust the Wattage from 5 to 16W (1W at a time) simply by turning the control.
    - To activate the child lock, after turning off the mod, press and hold the Fire button for five seconds, after three minutes the device locks. To reactivate it, press and hold the Fire button for five seconds and repeat the ignition procedure.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Device protection is developed on six levels:
    - Cut-Off 10s
    - High temperature protection
    - Overcharge protection
    - Overvoltage protection
    - Low voltage protection
    - Short circuit protection

For a complete recharging cycle it takes about 90 '.
    Unfortunately I could not do my usual test on the maximum number of Puffs, however the feeling is that the battery has a good duration, with the 1.3Ω coil you can do two tanks before recharging, with the 1.6Ω one you get at about two and a half tanks, a good result, those who are not compulsive should be able to make it through the day.

19.jpg

Univapo Unix final thoughts:
    A kit to start vaping, valuable and well made, certainly at the level of the best creations (cosmo, justfog, etc.) with something more certainly in the tank, in the electronics (child safety) and also in the coils, for the latter it will be necessary to evaluate durability, for now they seem robust and reliable. My opinion is very positive and derives from the fact that the Unix of Univapo for its characteristics could concretely help many people to quit smoking in an easy way.

Pros:

- Ideal for quitting smoking
    - Compact and ergonomic design
    - Sober and pleasant aesthetics
    - Electronic circuit protection (child safety)
    - Ultra comfortable advanced rotary filling system
    - Anti-stress (watt) rotary control with integrated Fire button (two controls in one)
    - Setting lock (W)
    - Chipset with automatic coil recognition Smart function and indication of the best wattage.
    - Magnetic hood (hygienic / dustproof)
    - Shape of the Drip-Tip
    - First tank in the world with double child safety (TPD version)
    - 1.3 and 1.6 coils very valid for MTL
    - 1000mAh battery with good durability

Tips:
    - Absence of the Puff totals number

Thanks to Univapo for providing me with the material for this test:
    Unix Pod Kit - Best Vape Starter Kit in 2020 New by Univapo

20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread