Unregulated Sub-Ohm, Safe Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Hey guys, couldnt find this topic..maybe i'm blind but i thought i would ask. Been using regulated mods and havent ventured into unregulated yet, but am thinking about a purchase. If i were to get a Smpl mod(Clone) what would be the safest battery for it if i were to build below .15 or even lower? i have two Efest IMR 18650 - 3.7v 2500 mah with 20a/35a discharge. would one of those be safe or should i look into a safer battery if i were to go unregulated?

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
IMHO, one of the best best batteries for mechanical mods is genuine Sony VTC4s purchased from a reputable vendor.

Reliable sources for batteries:
Batteries-Chargers-Flashlights-Only The Best
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!

Do not buy batteries from eBay or Amazon. Some of their third party sellers sell fakes.

Also, @Baditude and @Mooch are two of our battery experts here on ECF. It's worth you while to look up their blogs ant battery tests if you are going to get your feet wet with mechanical mods.

One final thing - you might want to start out with a slightly higher-ohm coil to start with until you get used to how everything works and while you do your research. No sense in pushing the envelope of safety while just starting out with unregulated devices with no built-in safety features. Running is much more fun once you have walking down pat.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with Rsunderi above. Some Sony VTC4 or LG-HB2/6 batteries, which are the highest continuous discharge rate batteries currently on the market (30 amps CDR).

FYI, Efest batteries are notorious for over-rating their battery specs.

:danger: A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod Please read the caution about the SMPL mod at the end of this blog. This particular mod can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you are dealing with.

Why build so low of ohm? No batteries available to us are able to be safely used below 0.2 ohms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread