Travel and Vaping Upcoming trip and need some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyG

Verified Member
I am flying domestically next week with my mom and she doesn't know I vape (I know, I know, I am an adult, but she would KILL me if she ever knew I smoked and would not understand vaping. And yes I managed to hide the fact I smoked for years.)

Right now I only have evod batteries, am I to understand that they HAVE to go in your carry on bag? If they are in my carry on separated from the tanks will TSA take them out of the carry on or will my bag go through without question?

Also, can I seal up my Aspire BDC tanks with juice in them can I put those in my checked luggage? I have several tanks and I would not need to bring extra juice, I am not going to be gone long enough to need more than is already in the tanks. I just don't want to get stopped and have my tanks and evods taken out and be "outted" to my mom, lol. Again I know it is a little silly, but such is the way it is, lol. :blush:

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Oh, good luck. My parents also do not know that I used to smoke, nor that I now vape. I would feel exactly the same, I don't think you're silly.

Yes you must take your batteries in your carry on. Airport security must see them all the time and should know exactly what they are. Mine went through without question, though I was not travelling in the USA.

Personally I would not put filled clearos in your checked baggage as they may leak due to the pressure changes. You are better packing them empty and taking some eliquid in their original bottles - wrapped in a plastic bag just in case, but they are much less likely to leak than a clearo.

If you're only going on a short trip, is it maybe worth leaving the vape gear at home? In any case, maybe take some nicotine gum just in case of any issues.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Nat79

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2013
Springfield, OR
Filled tanks will leak with air pressure change (far worse in the cargo area), if you are not going to be using them leave them dry. Just put a small bottle in your carry on ziplock.

Your mom is a whole separate issue, she loves you and a little disappointment won't change that. Also parents understand things you wouldn't believe until you go ahead with it. When my mom found out she was quite proud that I switched once I explained that I was aware of battery safety and was quite picky about my juice.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I've flown several times loaded to the gills with batteries and mods. Not even a second look. Definitely keep the tanks empty. They will leak. Just get creative. Empty tanks in checked. Sticks in the carry on. Put juice in a visine bottle or something similar. TSA is very used to ecig gear and it's not what they are looking for.

I went to Italy 6 weeks ago. Zero issues on the way but I got my carry checked both leaving Italy and again at secondary in Philly. The funny thing is the first time was for having a small jar of pesto (they let me keep it) and the second time was because my wife brought back an award (company trip) that was a large crystal diamond. TSA asked if I was carrying some sort of crystal and I said yes, my wife has an award from her company. They didn't even open the bag. Just rescanned at a different angle. I don't even think twice about carrying vape gear anymore. It's a no never mind in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread