Status
Not open for further replies.

ZCAR1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
San Antonio, TX, USA
-- 2020.1.31 Update --

** Due to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus, we have to extend the CNY holiday to February 9, 2020. All services resume on February 10, 2020, at 9:30 am (Hong Kong Time). **

Most postal services that fasttech provided will resume on February 10, 2020.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
That's pretty optimistic of them assuming it would have all gone away in a week. o_O
Agreed. If they're serious about getting this virus under control at this point, they need to shut the whole country down for at least three weeks and possibly as long as six. The problem is that it appears to be contagious before the onset of symptoms, meaning there's no way to tell who's a carrier and spreading it. From that perspective, it's really bad.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Agreed. If they're serious about getting this virus under control at this point, they need to shut the whole country down for at least three weeks and possibly as long as six. The problem is that it appears to be contagious before the onset of symptoms, meaning there's no way to tell who's a carrier and spreading it. From that perspective, it's really bad.

I have 4 top fill kits coming for my Kayfun Lite 2019 tanks. I've received confirmation, but no ship date as of yet. I'm not really thrilled about receiving a package from China right now. A few Coronavirus strands on something you put next to your lips isn't reassuring. They all will get an extended bath in the ultrasonic cleaner with some alcohol before using.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
That's pretty typical of a virus. They are very Insidious that way they're contagious before the organism start showing signs of being ill. Honestly I couldn't see the United States shutting down for something like this. Companies will fire you for not showing up to work demand doctor notes of anybody staying home meaning people would be leaving their house and spreading the virus even further and very few people have enough in their savings to survive more than a week or two without a paycheck I can't imagine the situation is any better in China though I don't know how they work things like this

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I placed an Order right before FT went on Holiday. Some Backups to a Backups to Backups. So I Wasn't concerned that there would be a Delay in shipping.

During the Holiday, the order status showed each line-item as "Restocking ?". Same with when the Extended Notice was posted.

Today the Status Changed to "Ready to Ship" / "Waiting for Packaging".

Not sure if this was done do to Human Interaction? Or if it was Date Triggered in the Inventory Software?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have 4 top fill kits coming for my Kayfun Lite 2019 tanks. I've received confirmation, but no ship date as of yet. I'm not really thrilled about receiving a package from China right now. A few Coronavirus strands on something you put next to your lips isn't reassuring. They all will get an extended bath in the ultrasonic cleaner with some alcohol before using.

I plan on Opening my package when it arrives Outside. In Bright Sunlight.

LOL

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I placed an order a day before they went on vacation. My package is currently setting at customs in Chicago right now. Fasttech processed my order and shipped it the same day I placed the order, so I feel I probably got lucky that I didn't have to wait until they got back.

I always sterilize all my new equipment anyway, so that really isn't much of a concern to me.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
They don't know how long it lives on surfaces either....hopefully it won't survive packaging and shipping, eh? Maybe most of that stuff gets xrayed anyway ( so maybe? helps)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I placed an Order right before FT went on Holiday. Some Backups to a Backups to Backups. So I Wasn't concerned that there would be a Delay in shipping.

During the Holiday, the order status showed each line-item as "Restocking ?". Same with when the Extended Notice was posted.

Today the Status Changed to "Ready to Ship" / "Waiting for Packaging".

Not sure if this was done do to Human Interaction? Or if it was Date Triggered in the Inventory Software?
My first thought would be that it was date triggered,but i'm not sure.Just like yours,mine was showing restocking up until yesterday as well,which i think was because both packages were originally showing a ship date of 1/28 which obviously wasn't going to happen since nobody was there haha,but after the 28th,that's when mine went to restocking.The part that makes me unsure if the ready for packaging is automatic or not,is that when they added the message about the additional time off,all of my items changed to an eta ship date of 2/12,so since their system knew there would be a delay,i'm not sure if it would automatically change it again or not.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
They don't know how long it lives on surfaces either....hopefully it won't survive packaging and shipping, eh? Maybe most of that stuff gets xrayed anyway ( so maybe? helps)
That's the part that has me concerned.I read something a few days that says it can survive on an item for up to 28 days,but i just seen something a few minutes ago from CNN that says not to worry if you order packages from China because it only lives a very short time outside of the body.I figure if my packages show up in less than 28 days,maybe i'll bag them up and wait until the 29th day before i open them haha.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's not like Hep C as far as viruses or whatever. It doesn't live that long on surfaces I don't think. I'd imagine just quarantining every package for a week ought to do it. The issues is going to really come at the other end when it comes down to it,. Like, whether your mailman has subclinical symptoms yet.

This virus is probably many places we have no idea yet. You are just gonna have to use good handwashing, your common sense, and prayer.

Although I'm in the high risk group, and the adult workers are all getting freaking permamasks, well, I'm just going to refuse to worry about it much (IDK why my medical group doesn't think the PARENTs don't go anywhere, but since there is OH MY one case in Cochise county (so it may be 100) well, they are staring this whole thing in Sierra Vista (sensible, sort of, only PLENTY of people live in Sierra Vista and work in Douglas and vice versa.

There will be a vaccine. It's not 100% fatal.. The human race will survive. Some people will die. People die every day.

S'gonna be fine overall. I don't DO pandemics anymore though. I just simply refuse it usually means NPR doesn't want to report some political thing going badly for their favorite group

Maybe I should be more excitable but the SHEER NUMBER of "pandemics" I have seen come and go? I THIINK NOT.

If I stop posting, you'll know I caught it and am dead. Cheers.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
There will be a vaccine. It's not 100% fatal.. The human race will survive. .
I expect there will be a vaccine, but I would also expect that it will take the better part of a year to produce in sufficient volume to make much of a difference.

Fatality rates look to be in the single digits, percentage wise. So yes, of course the human race will survive. But each 1% of 7.7 billion people is 77 million dead. That's not a pretty picture.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
That's the part that has me concerned.I read something a few days that says it can survive on an item for up to 28 days,but i just seen something a few minutes ago from CNN that says not to worry if you order packages from China because it only lives a very short time outside of the body.I figure if my packages show up in less than 28 days,maybe i'll bag them up and wait until the 29th day before i open them haha.
I saw the same article and opened my contest win from Hong Kong this morning after receiving it yesterday. :shock: I figure our USPS folks would be eat up with the virus by now if it transferred so easily. Not gonna lie, I regret not waiting. But it wasn’t from Wuhan China. In a few days I’ll know. :?:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Honestly I couldn't see the United States shutting down for something like this. Companies will fire you for not showing up to work demand doctor notes of anybody staying home meaning people would be leaving their house and spreading the virus even further and very few people have enough in their savings to survive more than a week or two without a paycheck I can't imagine the situation is any better in China though I don't know how they work things like this
Companies won't fire people for not showing up when the shut-down is mandated by the government. ;)

I know of a German company (Webasto, a tier-1 supplier to the automotive industry) that voluntarily shut down their HQ last week after two confirmed cases.

I don't think it's of much concern in the US at this point, yet. But in China, this thing looks to be out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread