Update on Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alej

Feb 9, 2018
hey there guys,
asked a couple of weeks ago about the situation of travelling through Dubai with mod and juices etc and have just arrived after transiting and also going through customs.

short answer is it was ok! got pulled over for a thorough customs search and they foudn both ejuice with nic and my mod, and the guy said he used to use one! I asked him if it was legal to use there and he said in in smoking areas no problems... so that was my latest story and it happened yesterday! 2 spare batteries in a case taped ends in hand luggage, but the other stuff was cool to take in hand luggage too, so one can puff in the smoking lounge, but the cigs stink hey, first time ever i thought this..

happy vaping!

xtrasyn

Mar 13, 2018
DXB
Sorry, I registered after this. But I'm happy to fill in any blanks.

Yes, it is not illegal here (I live in Dubai, have done so for the last 5 years). In fact, I tend to think it's more popular here than it is in Europe. Maybe it's the shisha culture, I don't know. :)
But anyway, I fly in and out regularly with my vape gear and have never had issues. Keep your liquids in your check ins, mod + atty in your carry on, batteries in plastic case, also in carry on. Since you can hardly smoke in airports anyway, I just fill up my tank and that's all the liquid i pack in the carry ons.

In fact as far as I know, the only country in the Middle East region that make a big fuss over it is Bahrein. They will confiscate and fine, apparently.

That doesn't mean that you can freely buy liquids and kit in a brick and mortar here. That's not available anywhere. If you bring it in for personal use, it's fine. Friends flew in with 4, 5 bottles of e-liq and had no issues.
As the officer said, don't vape in non-smoker areas. And take care were you vape in general. That's it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread