The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dubai transit

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by dms25, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dms25

dms25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Switzerland
    Transiting through Dubai in a couple weeks and research has got me a bit worried about getting my Koopor Mini confiscated.

My tanks will be dissasembled in check-in luggage. 4x100ml bottles of juice also in checked luggage. It's just the mod I'm worried about. I read e-cigs are no longer allowed in check-in luggage and I also read reports of people having them confiscated in Dubai even in transit.

What's an electric box mod with no batteries in check-in luggage? Same as any electric device right? I mean I can check-in my electric toothbrush and hard drive, will this get detected any differently?

18650s I understand, I will have 2 of them in my carry-on in a plastic battery case with electric tape on the ends.

What should I do with the box check-in or carry-on?

2. Foggin MooSe

Foggin MooSe Full Member

Nov 24, 2015
    I go through Dubai every 6 weeks. Just put all your juice and tanks etc in a ziplock bag in your checked in luggage. Put your mods in your carry on luggage with no atty attached. Make sure spare batteries are in individual containers.
    I emailed the airport for peace of mind. Whilst nicotine products are banned in UAE you can transit through with them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dms25

dms25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Switzerland
    Thanks for that! Batteries can be in the mod or should I keep them separate? And a charger, is that OK in checked-in luggage?

4. Foggin MooSe

Foggin MooSe Full Member

Nov 24, 2015
    I leave batteries in the mod and also carry a charger.

5. Hardtail1969

Hardtail1969 Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    I am currently set to travel to dubai, and do a layover there for two nights before travelling on to new zealand.

Is there any problem entering, or passing through customs with a kangertech topbox?

any advice would be appreciated.

6. Foggin MooSe

Foggin MooSe Full Member

Nov 24, 2015
    No problems. Just detach your atty from the mod and keep it in a zip lock bag with any juice. The smoking rooms always have vapers in them and I happily vape in Emirates lounge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hardtail1969

Hardtail1969 Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Thanks! I shall try and report back.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.