The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'VIP - Vaping in Phoenix' started by WerewolfalThor, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WerewolfalThor

WerewolfalThor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    Thinking of upgrading from my eGo. What does everyone think. Vamo or iTaste SVD? Pro's Con's?

2. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd say the SVD edges out the vamo, mostly based on personal taste. I have both, and the SVD feels more durable, but it really comes down to the aesthetics - I love the cold war era missile looks.

It's also a little bit more convenient as it telescopes, thus allowing you to pop in any battery size without carrying around extension tubes. That said, it gets quite long in 18650 mode (not an issue for me).

In terms of features, they're a saw off and I've never had a problem mounting any topper on either. They seem to be about the same in terms of accuracy and power delivery (the V5 Vamo and the SVD are rated the same in terms of voltage and wattage control).

I like a "fat" topper (e.g., kayfun-style RTA's) and the SVD ring fits those better (more flush).

You wouldn't go wrong with either.

3. Joka

Joka Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    CleVegas TN.
    My vote is the SVD, I went from an ego to an mvp to the SVD, shoulda got it sooner

4. WerewolfalThor

WerewolfalThor Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2013
    Chandler, AZ, USA
    I'm leaning SVD actually because of one simple fact, it looks like a lightsaber. LOL. Kind of a silly reason to base a purchase on ha ha!

5. Joka

Joka Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    CleVegas TN.
    For my MVP v2 I ordered s jwrap to look like Darth vaders saber handle =]

6. shynsly

shynsly Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    Chicago
    Think about how you will carry it around too....

Good Luck!!! :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.