looking for first mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
been looking at some different mods and not sure which to get. please give pro's/con's, which you recommend and why. interested in zmax mini, SID, SVD, and vamo. DONT SAY GET A PROVARI AS IM NOT INTERESTED IN A PROVARI. I use bottom coil ego threaded devices and love them, just trying to upgrade my egos to a variable voltage mod(not interested in ego twist). thx for you help :)

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
been looking at some different mods and not sure which to get. please give pro's/con's, which you recommend and why. interested in zmax mini, SID, and vamo. DONT SAY GET A PROVARI AS IM NOT INTERESTED IN A PROVARI. I use bottom coil ego threaded devices and love them, just trying to upgrade my egos to a variable voltage mod(not ego twist). thx for you help :)

What criteria lead you to the Zmax, Sid or Vamo?
What features are you looking for?
What deficiencies are you trying to correct?

Do you currently have batteries and a charger for those devices?
Why NOT an Ego Twist?
Have you considered the Itaste V3?

Thanks
Have fun
I

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I like my Vamo okay, but I like the Sigelei Zmax better. It has a more substantial feel to it. I especially like the one button menu. I know lots of people don't care for one button, but I often accidentally press the adjust buttons when I press the firing button on the Vamo, since they are very close together. Taking a drag that suddenly kicks up to 11 watts when you thought it was 7 is unpleasant.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Sigelei Zmax V3 telescopic flat top. Uses all of the popular 18XXX IMR battery sizes, VV/VW, built like a tank. Looks great in brushed stainless steel. Shopping around online you will find the device only priced under $50 with a two week warranty or in a $75 kit with a 90-day warranty.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 for the MVP. :thumb: 2-3 days per charge, passthru ability, no need to purchase multiple batteries/charger. Pocket-friendly. Durable. Can charge your cell phone/ipod with the MVP. Both eGo & 510 connectors. The PWM circuitry of the MVP & Innokin iTaste VV3 regulators are similar to the Provari and DNA mods than the other mods you mention to allow for a smoother vape (no "rattlesnake" vape).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...itaste-mvp-dont-vape-same-provari-dna20d.html

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The "rattlesnake" is a non-issue, in my opinion. It doesn't adversely effect vapor quality. It's just a sound heard mainly when nothing (like lips) are touching the drip tip. pBusardo mentioned the "Rattlesnake" effect in his three videos on the Sigelei Zmax but he never complained about it effecting vapor quality.

43081499.jpg

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
MVP v2 didn't think I'd like the box but they are great

+1 for the MVP. :thumb: 2-3 days per charge, passthru ability, no need to purchase multiple batteries/charger. Pocket-friendly. Durable. Can charge your cell phone/ipod with the MVP. Both eGo & 510 connectors. The PWM circuitry of the MVP & Innokin iTaste VV3 regulators are similar to the Provari and DNA mods than the other mods you mention to allow for a smoother vape (no "rattlesnake" vape).

I have heard the button on mvp needs a really hard push and I have carpal tunnel so don't think that will work :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The "rattlesnake" is a non-issue, in my opinion. It doesn't adversely effect vapor quality. It's just a sound heard mainly when nothing (like lips) are touching the drip tip. pBusardo mentioned the "Rattlesnake" effect in his three videos on the Sigelei Zmax but he never complained about it effecting vapor quality.
Personally, I beg to differ. The 33.3 hz chip does make a difference to some vapors when compared to an 800 hz chip like the MVP or Provari. I can tell a difference and many others can too. Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others can't. It is a subtle difference, but it IS there, or else the subject would never come up in the first place.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Personally, I beg to differ. The 33.3 hz chip does make a difference to some vapors when compared to an 800 hz chip like the MVP or Provari. I can tell a difference and many others can too. Just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean others can't. It is a subtle difference, but it IS there, or else the subject would never come up in the first place.
Let's not hijack the OP's thread here, OK? We both got on the soapbox in the other thread you linked. I rebutted post #11 once, that's enough for me.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
I have heard the button on mvp needs a really hard push and I have carpal tunnel so don't think that will work :(

It's really not hard. I have 2. I bought the first one in August and another this week. The new one is easier to push, but the old one isn't really all that hard. It's just PBusardo running out of things to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread