Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Has anyone used one of these? Looks like a simple way to make a charger cord for a mod. I'm thinking the board could even fit nicely into a box mod.

pcb01_1.jpg

USB 5V Lithium Li-ion Battery 1 Cell Charger Board - eBay (item 380209136091 end time Feb-26-10 19:36:57 PST)

Last edited:

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
...should have read your post a little closer.

To clarify, I placed this board inside a 2xAA Box from Madvapes and use it to charge a 14500 900mah battery. It fits great, little tight, but fits well. Just make sure to space everything out before drilling...

A charger cord would be a great idea however...might need to try that on my next mod.

DonleyDoRight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Florida Panhandle
www.want2vape.com
I don't think it can handle the power (400 mA) for a pass-through as a standalone power supply.

I built one using the same eBay board but use a 14500 in line to act as a buffer. Just unplug when I get out of the truck.

I have also used a cell phone charger (12v cig lighter type) it too has the charging circuitry built in so as not to overcharge. I think they all pretty much have the same chip as they are all rated about the same.
And it has the nice curled cord and mini USB M connector already on it.

I guess I could sacrifice one to the e-cig deities as I have several from old phones and they are only a buck or two on eBay with free shipping from China. (Don't know how they can do that)

I bought 2 lots (20 ea) of mini USB DIY connectors just last week (waiting to get them still) that I am going to put in ALL my mods from now on. $5.99 and free shipping.
20Pcs Mini USB 5Pin Female PCB Socket Connector DIY

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think it can handle the power (400 mA) for a pass-through as a standalone power supply.

I built one using the same eBay board but use a 14500 in line to act as a buffer. Just unplug when I get out of the truck.

I have also used a cell phone charger (12v cig lighter type) it too has the charging circuitry built in so as not to overcharge. I think they all pretty much have the same chip as they are all rated about the same.
And it has the nice curled cord and mini USB M connector already on it.

I guess I could sacrifice one to the e-cig deities as I have several from old phones and they are only a buck or two on eBay with free shipping from China. (Don't know how they can do that)

I bought 2 lots (20 ea) of mini USB DIY connectors just last week (waiting to get them still) that I am going to put in ALL my mods from now on. $5.99 and free shipping.
20Pcs Mini USB 5Pin Female PCB Socket Connector DIY

Looks like they are missing a couple of pins. These could be data only - No power. Let us what you find -- great price if they are 5 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread