using a multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

im_coryy

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
USA
how do i use a multimeter to test the ohms? i have one that has two prongs i bought this one, but im not quite sure how id use it. i checked te manual but i still dont get it.

can i just put it on both sides of the coil, does it have o be hoked up to a battery, do i turn the battery on or how do i work this magical device?

also on a side note anyone know where i could get a black ohms box for like 10$?

Amazon.com: INNOVA 3300 Hands-free Digital Multimeter (10 MegOhm): Automotive

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
You place the positive lead (red) on the atomizer 510 post then the negative lead (black) on the body of the tank and it should read the ohms of the coil. Assuming you have the meter set to read ohms. Your meter has some of it's own resistance so you'll need to touch the two leads together first to find out what your meters resistance is then deduct that number from the resistance of your coil.

My meter has a .4 resistance of it's own so a .9 coil will actually read 1.3 on my meter. That is VERY important to remember.

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
well ive tried and i cant get an accurate reading,i set it there for a good 3 minutes, nothing. i touched the bottom of the atomizer head and the coil on the inside. im using a prebuilt coil so i get an idea of what to do before i begin using ones ive made

You have to have the coil assembly screwed into the base of your attey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread