Using a pod system as main vape device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about pod system is that it is so convenient and easy to use, especially for casual vapers. There was a time when investing in pod system was more expensive than the decent mods since you had to buy e-liquid pod from the manufacturer. But nowadays, there are some pods that allow you to refill with your own juice (they are called open pod).
Occasionally I try some pods with a slick design like Palm Fit or Smok Novo to see how good they are compared with my mod :p

• Agree
Reactions: DarrenMG

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
The best thing about pod system is that it is so convenient and easy to use, especially for casual vapers.

I'd add that they can also be of value to serious vapers. So many of us those who vape have found ourselves chain vaping, never getting that feeling of 'I am getting enough nicotine that I can put the vape down'. Those pod systems with salt nicotine juice can take care of that, and yep, so convenient. I used to try to carry my big mod and tanks around, but now I just slip my refillable pod in my pocket when away from home, take a few hits here and there, cravings squashed.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Not a pod but my out and about device nowadays is an istick basic with GS air tank. Small, light, and does the job. The tank and coils work well. No power settings, no hassle, just fill now and then. I have a Pico Baby as well but it doesn't hit as good and the battery is half the size of the basic. Then the power button fell off. The Basic is the better of the two.

I can see why even 'advanced' vapers would favour a good pod type system when out and about.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Of course the real game changer for me isn't the pod device. Cigalike devices are old, going all the way back to the early days of vaping. I had tried more than one of those, waste of money. Between terrible tasting juice, and not being able to get anywhere near enough nicotine, I moved up to bigger devices, sub-ohm vaping, etc., like so many others.

It's the salt nicotine juice that changed everything for me (as most everyone knows, not salt as in sodium chloride, salt as in the chemistry definition, an ionic compound). The new salt nicotine formula makes pod size batteries, coils, wicks, useful. I can get my fix on a lower powered small device now and feel satisfied. For me it's been a game changer because I never could entirely quit smoking before. Now, it's awesome. A few puffs on my pod, and I finally have no desire to smoke again. I still use my classic juice, sub-ohm tanks and RDAs, but at very low or 0 nicotine level. Habit ;) But a better habit than the S word.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Of course the real game changer for me isn't the pod device. Cigalike devices are old, going all the way back to the early days of vaping. I had tried more than one of those, waste of money. Between terrible tasting juice, and not being able to get anywhere near enough nicotine, I moved up to bigger devices, sub-ohm vaping, etc., like so many others.

It's the salt nicotine juice that changed everything for me (as most everyone knows, not salt as in sodium chloride, salt as in the chemistry definition, an ionic compound). The new salt nicotine formula makes pod size batteries, coils, wicks, useful. I can get my fix on a lower powered small device now and feel satisfied. For me it's been a game changer because I never could entirely quit smoking before. Now, it's awesome. A few puffs on my pod, and I finally have no desire to smoke again. I still use my classic juice, sub-ohm tanks and RDAs, but at very low or 0 nicotine level. Habit ;) But a better habit than the S word.

No desire to smoke again. That's what it's supposed to be all about really.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I love my Nord. 1100mAh and 3ml ... replaceable coils. I get the 1.4ohm or so coils as the 0.6 ones are too airy for me. The battery lasts me most of the day so I have 2.
I don't use any mods at all anymore, this is all I use. Coils last me a week but I vape clear menthol/mints.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Well, seen some inputs, agree with some, cannot understand some, actually seen devices I did use and like a lot cuz its performance related to mtl setup…

I like pods cuz I really enjoy mtl too, I like tesla tpod, suorin drop and air (even when their pods replacement aren’t that good enough regarding lasting and flavor capacity), also own 1 mtl RTA setup running temp control mostly, so I could tell pods aren’t a thing that will end soon, they are getting bigger and bigger cuz many people portability, capacity and ease of use, pods fields for most users,

About vaping devices, well my start on vaping is pretty weird, but I have used, reviewed a lot of items for hobby, not for fame or commercial uses, also I use to try to add smoker to vaping and help to avoid cigs, so my experience with certains devices helps me to advise about what have worked me against the cig addiction a and smoking, so pods are something I really advise about. The freedom of some quick stealth puffs, the portability, also the fact and benefits about using salt nic on key chain sized vapes, well there is so much to tell, I don’t claim I could be using pods only since cloud chasing seldom is another thing I do enjoy,

So pods aren’t the vape setup killer, but are close enough and they also have taken some mtl vapers, about devices I do really like and enjoy, well take a read here:
Frenzy (p3cx3s review)
Tesla Tpod
Suorin Air & Drop
Smok Rolo Badge

Bang for a buck: Smok nord, mtl and also could take sub-ohm with restrictive hit: amazing!

I really like this setup when comes to cheaps systems, is decent enough, tried 4 units, that got cheap or second handed like new, I don’t like shape that much and feel, but the device performs great,

Regards,

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've tried a few pod systems, but none have hit the mark for me. I dislike MTL, tried it multiple times with multiple different pods, kayfuns, nautilus, and a few more systems with a plethora of different juice mixes, and never feel satisfied. Pods are an intriguing idea to me, but they just lack what I require to keep myself satisfied. They would end up needing to be a small mod size to offer an acceptable level of performance for me, which defeats the purpose since I already use small mods.

Reactions: Vicman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread