Using an e-cig when you first get up in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I am going to try to explain this the best way I can so bare with me...

When I use to smoke cigarettes (2 1/2 years ago) I remember so very well how that first couple of cigarettes that I would smoke after I would get up from a nights sleep would make me feel "weird" in my chest...I kind of felt "stimulated" like something was "activating" something within my chest...it would eventually work it's way down towards my stomach area where I would feel all "tingly" inside...does this make sense? I hope it does lol.

I notice with e-cigs I have the same issue, not sure if it's the nicotine that does this or if it's simply because I'm inhaling any substance into my lungs after 7 or 8 hours of sleep with no use of the cigarette (when I use to smoke) or the e-cig.

I guess you could explain the feelings as a "high" kind of feeling. I know I don't have anything going on, I've had breathing tests and x-rays done on a somewhat regular basis so I'm going to assume it might be perhaps nicotine related since nicotine is a stimulate. I wish I had some 0MG juice, maybe I could test that out one morning and see if it does the same thing.

thejaker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
La Jolla, CA
www.nudenicotine.com
I guess you could explain the feelings as a "high" kind of feeling.

I know exactly what you're talking about. And it's a lack of oxygen to the brain - a 'head rush' if you will. Many smokers get this first thing in the AM after their first cigarette (or ecig) - like in your case, and it will subside throughout the day as your lungs (re)learn to compensate for quick lapses of oxygen while smoking or vaping.

Not saying that this is entirely a bad thing in a small amount but this is the case. In the AM, go easy on your lungs and take shorter inhales as to not disturb the oxygen balance of your blood chemistry too abruptly. You should notice you won't get that feeling in the AM.

Hope this helps! Regards,
Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread