Using brass tubing as a drip tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I'm going to take my smok down to the brass finish, and I am thinking that a long bent drip tip would look really good. Has anyone made a drip tip out of standard piping? If so, do you know what size I should get? I am thinking it should be easy enough to glue an o-ring in place, and use it just like a normal drip tip.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Most copper these days is lead free... I don't have anything smaller than 1/4" and it is too big ( I looked into it for my SteamPunk Pipe), With enough sanding though, I believe there is enough material there, that you could get away with using it.

Seeing as your steam punk pipe is my main inspiration, I will try it.

I'm going to take my SMOK down to the brass finish, and I am thinking that a long bent drip tip would look really good. Has anyone made a drip tip out of standard piping? If so, do you know what size I should get? I am thinking it should be easy enough to glue an o-ring in place, and use it just like a normal drip tip.

some people have an allergy to brass. There's a reason the mouthpieces on trumpets and other brass instruments are almost always silver plated. Also, brass will corrode over time, it's not something I would want to stick in my mouth. Maybe go for a bent brass stem, but then put some sort of mouthpiece on the end out of some other material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread