USPS - Upgraded Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cann0n

Jul 5, 2013
Keystoned Heights, FL
I placed my order early Wednesday afternoon and upgraded shipping to 2-3 day. I would have done it overnight if the option was available. I understand the 4th of July put a kink on shipping this week... The tracking number didn't start working until this morning (Saturday). It hasn't even left the original state. Why did I want 2-3 day shipping? Because I'm going out of town tomorrow (Sunday) for work and won't be back for an unknown amount of time... The tracking number predicts the package will arrive on Tuesday of next week. So I'm going to have my family overnight/express my package, or I may pay someone to personally deliver it because I may be flying out across the country this week also and was hoping to bring what I ordered. I'll be 3 hours away in another state. I work 6 days a week, 60+ hours a week so adding an extra 6 hours in a day to drive out and drive back isn't something I want to be doing... I ordered my first mod, so I'm eager to get it ASAP.

Should I gripe and try to get the few extra dollars I paid for 2-3 day shipping?

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
No. You ordered Wednesday afternoon. They probably didn't work on the 4th either. They probably had a backlog of orders from the holiday to fill. Tracking info doesn't show up until the package gets scanned at the post office. Sunday is a day off for the postal service, too. Tuesday is 2-3 business days from when you ordered, because the afternoon on the eve of a holiday is the business equivalent of ordering the morning of the day after the holiday. Were they really supposed to receive your order, pack it, and get to the post office Wednesday evening BEFORE it closed? Typically online places won't be able to fill an order the day of if it's placed in the afternoon. Even then, expecting it Saturday would have been a stretch. 2-3 business days would still have put it at Monday.

Sorry, but you're mistaken to expect it sooner.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Should I gripe and try to get the few extra dollars I paid for 2-3 day shipping?

I think you need to be realistic. Rarely do small companies get their product out the same day you order it, especially as you waited until the afternoon (on a day before a holiday, no less) to place the order. Friday to fill the order. USPS started tracking on Saturday. You got decent service indeed. Just because you selected 2-3 delivery doesn't mean it applies from the time you placed the order. It starts when the order is in the post office's grubby little hands.

WizardOfVape

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Kansas City, KS, USA
We've received A LOT of vape mail and pretty much know what to expect. I think the holiday threw a kink in all orders but you were pushing the envelope on getting it by saturday (and especially with a holiday in there).

We have certain expectations on our orders and I just had a few things go 'not as planned'. We ordered DIY juice supplies Tuesday. It hasn't even shipped yet because of the holiday (they were closed July 4 and 5). Hoping they at least get it processed by this coming Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread