Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Are any / many running the Aqua with VV / VW at 2 to 3 Ohms?

that would have to be at least 32g wire and each coil would be in the 4 to 6 range, not sure how this would vape, I would suspect a very slow response and not so good flavor. if you try it let us know.

crss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 19, 2013
    dev/null
    2 aqua's 30g 7 wraps, cotton wicks comes in @ .8 ohms. Perfect every time, finally found the perfect build for me.
    Aqua2.jpg
    18350, clear tank, custom top cap - left / 18500 + kick, oem - center / bic - right
    Aqua setup.jpg <--- Like so :w00t:

Last edited:

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Orange County, CA, USA
    No.. I've never broke 1 ohm with this bad boy. I think it really shines at .3-.5 ohms but YMMV.

Couldnt agree more!

Don't even bother going over 1.0ohm... I've tried 1.8ohm builds, was complete dog crap versus the standard .5ohm build... my .5ohm build consists of 2 micro coils using 28g kanthal, and 6 rotations (each coil) meter's out to .5ohm roughly... perfect vape.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Couldnt agree more!

Don't even bother going over 1.0ohm... I've tried 1.8ohm builds, was complete dog crap versus the standard .5ohm build... my .5ohm build consists of 2 micro coils using 28g kanthal, and 6 rotations (each coil) meter's out to .5ohm roughly... perfect vape.

also agree. for me its 27g/ 7 wraps, total resistance about .4Ω

shorestyle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 18, 2013
    Richmond, BC
    Couldnt agree more!

I do the same exact build. Reads .50 on the nose. It's my go to device. Absolutely love it.

Anyone try 26g builds on it yet?

bradysyde

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2013
    New Prague, MN
    I do the same exact build. Reads .50 on the nose. It's my go to device. Absolutely love it.

Anyone try 26g builds on it yet?

It's my go to build. 8 wraps of 26g Nichrome. Comes in at about .4 ohms. I love it. Heats up nicely, pretty quick. Punches ya in the back of the throat.

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    I did all my wraps around a blunt tip syringe needle. Have use 20, 18, & 16 gauge needles. My twisted 28 wire build was around an 18 gauge needle, which I prefer since it fits so nicely in the air intake hole, which helps when mounting the coils. I am sure I posted that info on the posts of the build, apologies if I haven't mentioned it when further discussing the build.

BlackChad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 4, 2011
    Back In Mesa
    Thanks fellas, Im about to try a build out this morning. Unfortunately I have no clue what guage my syringe needle is so Im gonna go for the 1/16th drill bit. Nice to be able to estimate what it will come out to prior to building because it still takes me a bit of time.

Is it a luer lock type syringe tip? If so, what color is it?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    Well been vaping on the same 0.3 ohm build for a couple months now, and is time to re-wick and dry burn the coil. Have recently gone to Ramie Fiber for my wicking needs, so once I dry vaped the Aqua, decided to do some maintenance, it was past due. lol

Here's a pic after taking the wick out, very nasty and coil ends gunked over.

8Q84kZP.jpg

Here she is after dry burn, used some twisted wire pieces to open up the clogged coils and cleaned up fairly nice!! While cleaning was thinking of a way to brush file and clear out the air passages, and saw some end trimmings of twisted wire combos, and though, hmm, looks like a rasp or file, worked great for cleaning the coil carbon after dry burn, and clearing/cleaning down the coil center and airways too. Just another reason to try twisted wire folks!!! lol.

mVFLj3T.jpg

This is the stand of Ramie Fiber I'll be using to wick the Aqua. Love working with this stuff, so long and silky, and compresses nicely and makes wicking the coil a pleasure. Great flow capacity and heat tolerant, more so than cotton or hemp.

8MBG3f5.jpg

Here's a pic of the same fiber strand, saturated with juice, compressed, fuzzies trimmed and flattened out, aligning all the fibers nice, straight and neat for maximum juice flow!!

fbnketB.jpg

Have the coil all wicked, wrapped and tails tucked into the juice channels, ready for assembly and trim. On the ohm meter is a small piece I had to strip off for just the right coil coverage. Very easy to do. I then cut the stand in half to make my 2 wick strands.

jGrIjeO.jpg

Now have chimney screwed down and all the tails straight, uniform and down tight awaiting trim.

cGNws66.jpg

All trimmed up and ready for assembly!!! :D

h5PQk4L.jpg

Nothing like a fresh Cut and a Dry Burn to freshen up ones vape. Still have that "Aqua Love" here. Damn fine vape. Really, really, liking the way of Ramie. My new wick of choice. Took a bit to understand each other, but once I took care to keep all the fibers straight and neat, it's been wicking incredibly well, and when you crack open the JC it like turning on a fire hose, offering great juice supply. Takes about a day of vaping, or so, for the fiber cell walls to get fully saturated and expanded, but once fully broke in can leave the jc at your current vape level, and if you crank up the watts, an easy 1/4-1/2 turn allows for instant increase of juice. Just like any other pressurized fluid control system. Fraking awesome fiber. Just thought I'd share my bi-monthly maintenance and Aqua review. lol

Vape long and prosper!!!

P.S.: the cat bites!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    dice so what wicking material did you use before that allowed you to vape it for 3 months without doing nothing? cotton? hemp? if so that had to be nasty. maybe with your vert build that amount of wicking material allows for more time before changing but still 3 months? thanks for the ramie info might check it out!

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    vapdivrr, think it was only 2 months, but used degummed hemp fiber, now using Ramie Fiber with great results. Love hemp, works great, but have to give the win to Ramie.

When I pulled the Hemp off this build, it came away in pieces, lol, think the surface tension of the juice was the only thing holding it together, after looking at it, was amazed that any vape could be produced.

And do believe the vert builds one can get longer wick life than horizontal, but if using cotton, doubt if it would of lasted 2 weeks. Both hemp and especially Ramie, are much more heat tolerant than cotton, both wick better too. Just takes some time to understand each other. lol. I have started a Just Ramie thread, be sure to check it out!

Also keep in mind that the Aqua is not the only rba that I use in my daily rotation, but was still using about a tank a day through it.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    vapdivrr, think it was only 2 months, but used degummed hemp fiber, now using Ramie Fiber with great results. Love hemp, works great, but have to give the win to Ramie.

When I pulled the Hemp off this build, it came away in pieces, lol, think the surface tension of the juice was the only thing holding it together, after looking at it, was amazed that any vape could be produced.

And do believe the vert builds one can get longer wick life than horizontal, but if using cotton, doubt if it would of lasted 2 weeks. Both hemp and especially Ramie, are much more heat tolerant than cotton, both wick better too. Just takes some time to understand each other. lol. I have started a Just Ramie thread, be sure to check it out!

Also keep in mind that the Aqua is not the only rba that I use in my daily rotation, but was still using about a tank a day through it.
    gotcha, and will check out the ramie thread, thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread