Uwell Caliburn replacement pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexone

May 6, 2020
Hello! I am not from USA but from Europe, however i am in search of some advice if you have the time.

I bought replacement pods for the uwell Caliburn pod system. These pods are legit, in the sense that i verified the serial number in the box on their site and it's not counterfeit. However, i have a series of problems:

1. These replacement pods look NOTHING ALIKE the ones in the original box. The writing on the back is less engraved, they seem to be made from another materials, the cap doesn't 'pop' when you take it out and put it back on, unlike the pods from the box.
2. They are bigger and they DO NOT fit! I have to push really hard to make it fit and then when i try to take it out, only the cap comes out while the rest of the pod stays in and i can only get it out with a pair of pliers.
3. They leak like crazy.
4. The draw is very different than the ones in the original box, it's much tighter.

Any advice on what to do? I bought 2 4 pacs as i didn't think there would be any problem. Thanks!

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I'm afraid that you bought a clone pod or a different kind of pod (my local shop dealer has two kind of pods and they have the same parameter as the Caliburn auth pod). The guy at the shop call them as Arthur pod.
As far as I know, uwell only release the same pod for Caliburn and Koko (same design but different in parameter)

• Useful

Alexone

May 6, 2020
I'm afraid that you bought a clone pod or a different kind of pod (my local shop dealer has two kind of pods and they have the same parameter as the Caliburn auth pod). The guy at the shop call them as Arthur pod.
As far as I know, Uwell only release the same pod for Caliburn and Koko (same design but different in parameter)

Thanks for answering. All the cigarettes and replacement pods check out though, all the codes are good, i verified them. It says 'uwell caliburn' on the pack and the pack was sealed...if these are cloned pods and they have the proper codes that verify on them, how am i supposed to know which is good and which isn't?

• Optimistic

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I really don't know what happens with the verified code. This code only tells you if it's the first time the code has been checked. As far as I know, the newest code by Uwell will contain letters and numbers instead of just only has numbers.
There are some videos on Youtube compare about the difference between auth and clone pod.
As you described, your pods are different with the original pod, they do not fit well in the Caliburn, they leak juice and give you a weird taste so I am afraid that your pods are the clone ones.
Can you take a picture of your pods and the packages of it?

Alexone

May 6, 2020
So in the first pic, the one from the left is the 'bad' pod and the one on the right is the pod from the box which is excellent. There's not much difference between them but i assure you, the one from the left doesn't fit well. It's a question of milimeters but it counts.

I did notice something though...the one on the left has engraved 'CE' on it in the front, (the other one hasn't) which means it's made for Europe. If that's the case, there might be a quality problem with the ones made for Europe. Just saying.

I must also mention that my code has both letters and numbers.

Attachments

• Box back.JPG
    Box back.JPG
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Box up.JPG
    Box up.JPG
    649.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Box.JPG
    Box.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 108
  • Pods side by side.JPG
    Pods side by side.JPG