Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
As much as I wanted to love the Crown v2, it's not what I was expecting. I ordered the Maximaus sub ohm tank by CCI. It's 25 mm diameter. It holds 7.5 ml of e-liquid. It has a .2 and .5 coil. The .5 is rated 30-80 watts and the .2 is rated 60-120 watts. I'm mainly an rta guy, but like having a couple of quality sub ohms around for when I am lazy and do not want to build. Mike Vapes has a review on the Maximaus.
Yeah I have the VII, while there are some improvements I honestly still prefer the original (have 4 of them) and still keep one in my regular rotation. I tried the VRBA deck for the Rafale and I ended up giving it away. I'm waiting for the Crown II rba deck and will get that.
Current opinion is the original Crown is still better, but let's see once I get the new Crown II RBA deck.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I've had my v2 for a month now and I like it a lot. I like it better than the v1.
    I had a good experience with the 1st .25 coil it came installed with. It died rater quickly and all of the coils I have put into since, include coils just ordered directly from Uwell several days ago, have been a let-down. It's like I get a whole lot of air and not enough vapor and throat hit.

Reactions: SLM

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I had a good experience with the 1st .25 coil it came installed with. It died rater quickly and all of the coils I have put into since, include coils just ordered directly from Uwell several days ago, have been a let-down. It's like I get a whole lot of air and not enough vapor and throat hit.

I haven't tried the .25 or .5 coils yet. I've been using the .8 coils and after a month I'm still using the first coil. I've always had good luck with Uwell coils because I don't use juices with sucralose. What I like about the v2 over the v1 is it has a much smoother vape. The coils don't pop like the v1 coils.

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Well just got the Crown II RBA deck in today, popped in a SS fused Clapton. I really like this Tank now, the RBA deck is excellent and I'm getting one awesome Vape from it now. They really did an excellent job with the deck. Very easy to build and wick, excellent air flow.

Yep, plan on getting another Tank, the deck really makes this Tank shine.

My love for the Tank has been restored, Uwell did a great job. Much, much better RBA deck than the first Crown.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Where did you get the RBA decks? I'm not thrilled with my Crown 2 still and have a couple myself
    I actually pre ordered from Uwell, as I posted they're excellent. I was very underwhelmed myself until I got the RBA deck.

Crown II RBA

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    I have a v1 and the first two coils were phenomenal. I ordered the 1.2 because i dont like super hot vapes. My coils are lasting me maybe two tanks. They are aweful! I have the rba in right now and I'm not great at building. I can not get my v1 dialed in. Im considering the v2 but really worried about the coil issue. Im okay with a. 8ohm but does anyone know how they compare to the 1.2?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I have a v1 and the first two coils were phenomenal. I ordered the 1.2 because i dont like super hot vapes. My coils are lasting me maybe two tanks. They are aweful! I have the rba in right now and I'm not great at building. I can not get my v1 dialed in. Im considering the v2 but really worried about the coil issue. Im okay with a. 8ohm but does anyone know how they compare to the 1.2?

I use the .8 coils and like them better than the 1.2 because they have better flavor.

Huehugh

ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015

Right there with you. Crown coils awe beyond terrible. I really loved the v1 tank... flavor, vapor ect... but the coils would get black and crusty almost instantaneously. They actually made me sick! Now I have around 40 coils in my back up box.... bit I hope I never have to use them.
    I used to be a crown guy. .. not anymore.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Right there with you. Crown coils awe beyond terrible. I really loved the v1 tank... flavor, vapor ect... but the coils would get black and crusty almost instantaneously. They actually made me sick! Now I have around 40 coils in my back up box.... bit I hope I never have to use them.

Thick sweet juices gunk up coils quickly. For juices like that the RBA or a RTA is a better choice.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    It really is after one or two tanks. I had major issues because i was used to using ccells that take forever before needing to be replaced and when i looked at my first crown coil i was like WOW. Then from there it was like 2 tanks and it was gone. I tried taking a pin and opening up the cotton and that did not work. So today ive been messing around with the rba. Im trying my adv at diff watts but i have to say its an odd thing. My coil is .6 and the only way my juice is tasting decent is at 14w. I cant figure out if its my juices or what! I figure if i have to vape at 14 so be it..im not hung up on a number but id love to know the why. If i put it up any higher the taste fades or gets peppery. I did try 20 to 28 and LOL i have a very burned lip. Ill see how i feel after this tank if im going to retire my crown or not. And all my juices are really sweet and coil gunkers. I have to clean my kayfun and change wick like twice a day.

Reactions: Huehugh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread